Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AAW's seem to be handled pretty loosely as far as who gets to utilize each one. But command seems to be a bit more rigorous.

Here is the key sentence. "AAWs begin the game attached to specific batteries and are considered part and parcel of the formation the battery belongs to for command purposes."

The AAW's aren't marked in any way to show which battery they belong to, so it makes me question what this sentence is intended to relay. I didn't see any other references that would point to how AAW's are commanded.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall giving the command of the AAWs a lot of thought. I've taken that passage to mean, when the battery is in command, its AAW is in command, with all the usual implications of activation. I don't think I've worried about specific AAW command assignments, as the guns and wagons seemed to clump together where they were needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Wimble
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually a few of them almost are if you consider their range and contingent. For instance there are only two that can be applied to the French 12 pdrs., and they do have their Corps indicated on them so figuring which one is a no brainer.

The appellation is not too strict, however, as any battery with an appropriate range can draw supply off a similarly ranged AAW. And this will make a difference if several like batteries operate in concert, allowing one AAW to go off and get resupplied.

When playing the game you'll tend to clump your divisions/brigades just to keep things manageable (otherwise you'll get hopelessly bogged down just sorting things out). You do have permission to write on the back of your counters, giving the batteries a divisional attachment. Example, adding a /5 to the "I" on the back of one of Reille's AAWs, indicating it is the one for Bachelu's 5th division of that Corps... "I/5."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK thanks Paul and Ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.