Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the fifth BGG play by Forum Arkham Horror game.

The title refers to the Star Trek Next Generation episode, since most of the players are from the Battlestar Galactica NCC-1701.

This is a private game, by invitation only.
If you wish to participate, there is a waiting list here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/AH_PBF

Geeklist for this game: Arkham Horror Game 5 - Manhunt

Thanks to:
coltsfan76 for the inspiration by his Battlestar Galactica PBF games
sleepybrett for the "investigator sheet" part of the board images

Post Typography
* Normal text for discussions, etc.
* Italics for flavor text/fluff. This is optional, but encouraged.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions.

Images
Please use images in your post to identify your character when you post. It helps people keep track of who everyone is. I will post banners of the players once everyone has chosen their investigator.

Subscribe to the thread!
I will usually refer to everyone by their character name. For the sake of game speed, COs (Conditional Orders) are a great way to keep things moving along unless you check in frequently.

Game Type
This will be a Base game with Dunwich Horror expansion only.

Character Choice
Every player receives 3 investigators, of which he or she chooses one to play as. One of the three is from the Dunwich expansion.

Player Order
1. Fat Tony (choose between Mandy Thompson, Sister Mary, Diana Stanley)
2. spaceman spiff (choose between Bob Jenkins, Kate Winthrop, Jacqueline Fine)
3. DaveD (choose between Carolyn Fern, Dexter Drake, Mark Harrigan)
4. annab (choose between Gloria Goldberg, Harvey Walters, Jim Culver)
5. colmenarez (choose between Joe Diamond, "Ashcan" Pete, Leo Anderson)
6. Mordenthral (choose between Jenny Barnes, Michael McGlen, Rita Young)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Growing up in the South, Rita has often had to fight discrimination in one form or another. Although her family was poor, she worked hard and received a scholarship to Miskatonic University, where she joined the track and field team. Now, she may have to fight for her life.

Someone is after her. That much she's sure of. She has no idea who it is or why they want her, but there have been several strange men hanging around her dorm. Last week, her roommate was assaulted while wearing Rita's jacket, and Rita feels certain that it was a case of mistaken identity.

Today, Rita spent several hours trying to convince the police to do something, but the Sheriff says that his hands are tied without more evidence. Still, while running away might be the best way to avoid this premonition of personal doom hanging over her, that's never been Rita's style. Whether her stalkers are members of the Klu Klux Klan or something even more sinister, she's going to face them head on, the same way she's been facing the world all her life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna B.
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jim sipped the last of his coffee. Then he took one last, long look at the lady sitting at the counter next to him. She looked worn and tired, the look of someone who had fought her way through life. He considered saying something to her, but he was afraid that in a short while, he would also have that look in his eyes...

So he said nothing, not wanting to disturb her. Clutching his trumpet he headed for the door, and went out onto the streets of Arkham.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
mbmbmbmbmb

Diana left the coffee shop anxiously, trying her best to straighten her back and lift her chin. She knew firsthand the evil that was about to beset Arkham. She knew what the cult that had sprung up around the Ancient One was capable of. It was only by the grace of God that she had escaped their clutches, and now she was determined to put what she knew to use and do God's work here on Earth. She pitied those who were still under the sway of the cult, but she knew what had to be done. Those who could not be saved would have to be destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This was going to Bob's lucky day. He had a big meeting lined up later in the day to show a rare coin collector the coin he had found.

Cinching up his tie, he thought about sunny Florida this time of the year and how nice it was going to be with a wad of cash in his pocket.

He pulled on his coat, grabbed his hat and was out the door with a spring in his step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Anderson took seven men with him into the Yucatan. Two came back-- more or less. Technically, three men made it out of that jungle alive, but Mitch Brown's not exactly himself anymore. As a point of fact, he's a blithering madman now, and has already been shipped off to the asylum.

Leo couldn't read the tablets they found in those ruins-- only Dr. Volk could, of the seven of them-- but he's holding the good doctor's notes in his hand. The ones Volk took before he went mad. Before he killed two of Anderson's men.

Now Anderson's fresh off the boat and he's got word that Dr. Philips, the man who organized the Yucatan expedition in the first place, is dead. Philips is dead, and that leaves Anderson holding the scribblings of a murderous lunatic-- scribblings with today's date circled in blood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Carolyn gazed out of the window of the Asylum cafeteria. The trail had led her here to where her dead patient had previously been confined and there was definitely something not quite right about this town.

Hopefully she was not the only one who sensed the impending doom hovering over this place, she would need help from others as they would surely need hers, if together they were to prevent whatever was coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard the holodeck, Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our characters are chosen:

Game Preparation Step 5:
Our Ancient One is:

Game Preparation Steps 7 and 9:
Receive Fixed (*) and Random Possessions in player order:

Question before I distribute items:
I forgot to ask you guys about Tasks and Missions. Shall I include them, leave them out completely, or keep them in a seperate deck, only to be used if an encounter explicitly asks for it?
(I'm asking because I always hate it when I get to draw a Unique to draw a next-to-impossible-to-complete Mission)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played with Dunwich, so I'm game for everything in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey... Whatever enriches the experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring it on!!

Yeah, I am in favor of the full set of options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordenthral wrote:
I've never played with Dunwich, so I'm game for everything in it.

I'm like Jason, I've got Dunwich, but haven't played it yet. On that basis I'm easy either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay, for better or worse, tasks and missions are IN.

Game Preparation Step 6:
The Ally deck consists of:
Ammi Pierce
Corinna Jones
Duke
John Legrasse
Richard Upton Pickman
Ruby Standish
Ryan Dean
Sir William Brinton
Thomas F. Malone
Tom "Mountain" Murphy
Zebulon Whateley

Game Preparation Steps 7 and 9:
Receive Fixed (*) and Random Possessions in player order:

Diana Stanley receives:
Skill Stealth
Common Item Dusty Manuscripts
Spell Mists of Releh
Special Item Silver Twilight Lodge Membership*

Bob Jenkins receives:
Skill Lore
Unique Item Lamp of Alhazred
Unique Item Glass of Mortlan
-> Bob, for your random commons, you draw one more as per your ability. Which one of the following will you discard?
- Common Item Motorcycle
- Common Item Brass Knuckles
- Common Item Bulwhip

Carolyn Fern receives:
Skill Conceal
Common Item Dusty Manuscripts
Common Item Research Materials
Unique Item Enchanted Blade
Unique Item De Vermiis Mysteriis

Jim Culver receives:
Skill Fisticuffs
Unique Item Golden Trumpet*
Common Item Shotgun
Spell Greater Banishment
Spell Shrivelling

Leo Anderson receives:
Skill Sneak
Common Item Lucky Cigarette Case
Common Item Ancient Tome
Ally John Legrasse

Rita Young receives:
Skill Expert Occultist
Common Item Shotgun
Common Item Lantern
Unique Item Flute of the Outer Gods
Special Retainer*

Game Preparation Step 10:
Please state the position of your skill sliders

Edit: Added ally deck, removed erroneous "Task" qualifiers, added Rita's Retainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Speed/Sneak 2/2

Fight/Will 2/3

Lore/Luck 4/3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:

Carolyn Fern receives:
Skill Conceal
Common Item Dusty Manuscripts (Task)
Common Item Research Materials
Unique Item Enchanted Blade
Unique Item De Vermiis Mysteriis (Mission)

Are these what I've actually drawn, because Dusty Manuscripts and De Vermiis Myteriis are Tomes not Tasks/Missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Expert Occultist, meh... But I'm calling Shotgun, baby!

I guess with Shudde, our priority is putting everyone into a gate and stopping those monster surges?

Speed/Sneak 4/3
Fight/Will 3/3
Lore/Luck 2/1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Speed/Sneak 3/0

Fight/Will 3/2

Lore/Luck 3/4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Speed/Sneak 3/2

Fight/Will 4/1

Lore/Luck 3/2

I like my Ally, that +2 Will will allow me to regularly keep my fight scored at max or near max.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Bob Jenkins receives:
Skill Lore
Unique Item Lamp of Alhazred
Unique Item Glass of Mortlan
-> Bob, for your random commons, you draw one more as per your ability. Which one of the following will you discard?
- Common Item Motorcycle
- Common Item Brass Knuckles
- Common Item Bulwhip

Game Preparation Step 10:
Please state the position of your skill sliders

I will discard the Bulwhip

Starting Slider Position:

Speed/Sneak 2/3
Fight/Will 3/4
Lore/Luck 2/2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordenthral wrote:

I guess with Shudde, our priority is putting everyone into a gate and stopping those monster surges?

I am thinking that we need to get the Greater Banishment spell into Carolyn's hands. That will help out a lot with managing potential monster surges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna B.
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In for everything from the expansion!

Carolyn, how about you and I pass each other on the streets? I'll head for Independance Square, and you can take the clue in Hibb's Roadhouse - and the Greater Banishment spell as well... Sound ok? Unless there is a Gate in either position, of course.

Sliders:
Speed/Sneak: 3/1
Fight/Will: 3/2
Lore/Luck: 3/3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceman spiff wrote:
I am thinking that we need to get the Greater Banishment spell into Carolyn's hands. That will help out a lot with managing potential monster surges.

Nice spell! It banishes the monsters though. Any time there's a surge a rubble token is placed and 7 of those is game over. We kept having lots of surges last game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
annab wrote:

In for everything from the expansion!

Carolyn, how about you and I pass each other on the streets? I'll head for Independance Square, and you can take the clue in Hibb's Roadhouse - and the Greater Banishment spell as well... Sound ok? Unless there is a Gate in either position, of course.

Quite happy to do this, but can you just clarify the method. As I understand the movement rules, if we each move directly to Hibb's Roadhouse/Independence Sq, we will never be in the same location to make the trade. Or are you suggesting we actually end our movements in one of the intervening street areas and move on next turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AH Rulebook Pg 22 - An investigator that's in a street, encounter location or otherworld location as another investigator may trade any number of common, unique, money or spells. This can happen before, during and at the end of movement, but not during combat.

So at any point a player moves an investigator to the same location, you initiate the trade with that investigator. Once the trades are complete you can then continue on, or end your move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.