Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game going to be published soon? I can't see a release date, or even estimate anywhere here.

Can anyone give an overall idea of how the game works, how long it will take to play, and compare it to other WW2 pacific games (VITP, Pacific War, Midway, etc.)?

Looks interesting but I'd like to know more about it before I order a copy, whenever it gets released...
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Swart
United States
Moscow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:Status of this game and other ??
Lunga (#445711), Sometime in April. Take a look at multiman press's website for more information about the game. It looks to be a very elegant game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lunga (#445711),
Is this game going to be published soon? I can't see a release date, or even estimate anywhere here.

The game is being finished off in art and a test of the rules is in progress. We need to make sure the translated rules are accurate. Also, each counter is hand drawn and this takes time. MMP is not the delay here - they are more than ready to print it right now. We just haven't handed in the finished product yet.

Can anyone give an overall idea of how the game works, how long it will take to play, and compare it to other WW2 pacific games (VITP, Pacific War, Midway, etc.)?

It takes about 5-6 hours for an experienced player to finish. Rules are probably best described as a distillation of games like PacWar or PacFlt than a new take at the abstractions of Victory in the Pacific. Rules will probably clock in at around 8 pages...maybe a dozen more of history and play notes. Mechanistically fairly easy but lots of planning ahead and sort of "chess-like"...and i say that as a vet wargamer so more than most games of the same ilk I would say.

Very process driven game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamant (#446990),
Thanks for the information. Looks intriguing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam,has MMP given any consideration to publishing this with a Columbia Games style cardstock map,rather than a mapsheet?It would be a nice (though unlikely,I realize) bonus to a game with such nice counters,and which will likely be played often.Regardless,really looking forward to this one.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of July 27th the MMP webaite (in an update from the 15th) says that this game should be shipping on or about the 21st. Can anyone confirm shipping of this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Taylor
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
I pre-ordered the game some time ago. UPS brought it to my door last night. It's out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiu Fai Adrian Lui
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Just receive the game. Will read the rule book in a few days and hope I can start a game next week. It looks very amazing so far.

Is there a pdf version of rule book online? I want to take notes from the rule book and I do not want to do it on my original one. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adamant wrote:

Very process driven game as well.

What is a very process driven game? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.