Popular Tags: [View All]
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard that one of the early Strategy guides had rules for playing solo? If so, which book and what were the rules like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it was the rise strategy guide and the rules were puzzle like. There was a scenario and the question was something like, how could you destroy the opponent monster in two activations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think it was the ICNY book (that's where most of the alternate play formats were). IIRC (I don't have the book on hand at the moment), you took a unit force and tried to stop the monster befre a certain percentage of the city was destroyed, and there was a dictated behavior for the monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Sounds about right as it was one of the early guides as I recall. I'll look around for that then and see if it is the one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
I've heard that one of the early Strategy guides had rules for playing solo? If so, which book and what were the rules like?

I think what you are looking for is in the Series 1:Rise strategy guide.

Page 56, One monster, one city, one force. The monsterpocalypse solitaire rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris van der Walle
msg tools
mb
Here they are - I've taken them from the Series 1:Rise Strategy Guide, converted them to pdf and uploaded to Fileserve

http://www.fileserve.com/file/xdGFvA9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.