Subject: The Auction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simmy Peerutin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it only me that finds the following sentence ambiguous? From the section under Buying Shares

"Once each player has had the opportunity to buy shares play progresses to the auction of the next company’s available shares, i.e. a player never has a second opportunity to buy shares in a single game turn."

The last sentence says one can only buy shares ONCE per turn. That means only 5 opportunities to buy shares in the entire game! That does not seem right.

Our game group played that one could only buy shares once from each auction of a company's shares...but that one could buy shares from each company share auction if one had the money.

Are we right or wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Kettunen
Finland
Joensuu
flag msg tools
TRIGGERED!
badge
Cry me a river, snowflake.
mbmbmbmbmb
SimmyP wrote:

"Once each player has had the opportunity to buy shares play progresses to the auction of the next company’s available shares, i.e. a player never has a second opportunity to buy shares in a single game turn."

It should read "a player never has a second opportunity to buy shares of any one company in a single game turn."

At least that's how we played. I never noticed that sentence but only 5 opportunities to buy shares in the entire game wouldn't make any sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.