Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about getting the French Version of the "base game"...
Do the cards have a lot of text on them?
Is it correct that the rules are multilingual?
My French is not that good...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Chris - You should have no problem with the French version. The cards don't have that much text on them - just the names of the weapons. You can go here for the German versions of the rules.

One thing: Rackham is going through a beta test for its 2.0 version rules, so you'll have to switch sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnieJ wrote:
Chris - You should have no problem with the French version. The cards don't have that much text on them - just the names of the weapons. You can go here for the German versions of the rules.

One thing: Rackham is going through a beta test for its 2.0 version rules, so you'll have to switch sometime.

Thanks for the quick answer!
Does that apply to the "full" rule set only, or also to the rules in the initiation set, or what ever they call it?
I plan to only buy the set, maybe the tiles as well... But no rules and army books for now... Basically to play it as a boardgame not a tabletoop mini game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I'd stay away from the "Initiation" rule set and get the rules for free from the link in my other post. The "basic" rules do a poor job explaining the "why" - more of a "do this, and then roll this" description.

You can play the first four missions/scenarios from the website with just the base set. Here's the link: http://games.rackham-e.com/en/at-43/game-aids/scenario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, ok. Thanks for all your answers!
So for now it would make sense to get the 2 army books and the rulebook as well. Those are not terribly expensive anyways.
I probably won't play it that often anyways, so 4 missions are fine to start with.
What about the tiles? Can I somehow use them with the starter set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
stophle wrote:
Hm, ok. Thanks for all your answers!
So for now it would make sense to get the 2 army books and the rulebook as well. Those are not terribly expensive anyways.
I probably won't play it that often anyways, so 4 missions are fine to start with.
What about the tiles? Can I somehow use them with the starter set?

Yeah, I would recommend the UNA and Therian army books, the rulebook, and the Tactics book. The Tactics book is a "tactical/rpg/boardgame" where each player has one miniature and completes missions with a team. The rules are a bit spotty, but you might be able to adapt them.

Last I knew, the tiles were in short supply here in the States, so getting them wouldn't hurt. You can certainly combine them with the paper map in the starter box, or use them separately for homemade scenarios or Tactics missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not absolutely certain of the details of the game's international distribution, but I've ordered quite a number of items from Europe, including Finland and Spain. As far as I know, the only items that are language-specific are the full rulebook and the army books, since those are very text-heavy. The starter set is multi-lingual - the rules are very brief and the booklet includes all 5 languages. And the unit boxes only include English cards no matter where they were distributed, which is no big deal since the only text is the name of the unit and the weapon names. The gameplay information on the cards is entirely numeric and iconic.

So as long as you get the right language for the big books, it shouldn't matter where anything else comes from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, those were the answers I needed!
I let you know if I pull the trigger on this... (and we know that I will...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did it :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It arrived and it's English Cards and a 5 language manual.
Awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.