Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Langenfeld
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on a new Cyberboard Gamebox for this game. It needs a shakedown play or two. 'specially see'n as I've only ever played it once, solo.

Anyone interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am. I have had this game for awhile but have yet to play. How fast are you looking to go?

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Langenfeld
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
I am. I have had this game for awhile but have yet to play. How fast are you looking to go?

Michael

I have a gamebox which is nearly complete. It would need a play-through or two to discover any open items. Hopefully that list doesn't include any showstoppers, but there is that risk.

As I mention, I've only played one solitare game, and that was a few years ago. I'd personally have to refer constantly to the rulebook for the first several turns.

As for PBEM speed - they seem to develop their own rhyth. Most of mine seem to go a move or so a day. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower.

Interested?
-Joel

My gamebox is running a bit over 9MB which is a little chunky for e-mail. I could get it to you by Dropbox.com or some such if I needed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested.. never played this except the initial scenario solo, but I've played Empires of the Middle Ages a fair bit. Also I know CB pretty well if that is much help..

Drop me a line on mark_mcg2001@yahoo.com

Might work better if we had a Yahoo Group or ACTS game like that to facilitate group communication and file distribution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreamteam
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So how is the PBEM game progressing? Session report please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Langenfeld
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Fast -
Game 1 - Empires Re-emerge. 3-player, no Nelldon player. The unpopulated systems in this scenario create all sorts of vagarities in the rules. We proceeded along with house-rules as needed through a couple of turns. The Hospodar government eroded fairly quickly, and they had a lot of trouble getting anything going. The Avian empire seemed to attract just about every conceivable raider/outworlder. They were weathering the storm, but not really making progress. The VeReen had little trouble bolstering its tax base and had begun expanding.

We could have continued this game, but I had a slew of gamebox changes, and a couple of new players to roll in. This game withered on the vine.

Game 2 - The Atjay Empire is No More. 5-player
We're only in turn 1, round 2 of this one. The game started with a bang, in which the Atjay Empire was immediately toppled. Given their weak hold on several planets, they had to consider themselves lucky only to lose two. The Avians couldn't evade some unfortunate cards and lost ground. The Hive had a nice turn, and made the most of a poor Admin to set themselves up to be a real pain in the asteroids in later turns. The VeReens and Hospodars were also focused on bolstering their own systems - making progress but not having the success of the Hive.

Round 2 opened with the Atjay player continuing to try to rally. The Avians continued to struggle, and the VeReen starting to expand toward Atjay space. The Hospodar and Hive are yet to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kilpatrick
Australia
flag msg tools
I notice on Limey Yank Games there are two cyberboard game boxes available. One by Joel discussed in this thread and one by Yasuto Sugano. Anybody know which came first. Was one made to resolve issues in the other? Both look comprehensive to my naive eye! Joel's has a much larger file size but incorporates snazzier graphics.

Edit: I found an older cyberboard version in the files section from 2004 which it seems the Yasuto Sugano version is based on. The later is just a few corrections. Joel's is a complete rework at least graphically based on the map done by SkyGazer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Langenfeld
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I haven't logged in for a couple weeks - and it's been a while since I made that gamebox.

I don't recall any particular issues with the Sugano gamebox. My chief motivations at the time were in part a learning exercise for creating gameboxes, as well as to present what I thought were more compelling graphics. I'm not much of a digital artist, so I usually rely on mashing up preexisting images.

Stock counters always present a challenge - I don't recall where I pulled those. On the other hand, the nice thing about cyberboard is that you aren't worried about creating more counters than would fit on the sheet. I often add counters or markers that make sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.