Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing like real life video to show how impractical power armor from games like 40K and starcraft actually is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Nothing like real life video to show how impractical power armor from games like 40K and starcraft actually is.

Well, when it's an un-powered, and presumably heavy construction meant to look like Power armor, sure. The "real" thing would be much more maneuverable and, well, powerful. At least, it is in my imagination...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Well, when it's an un-powered, and presumably heavy construction meant to look like Power armor, sure. The "real" thing would be much more maneuverable and, well, powerful. At least, it is in my imagination...

And likely draw and quarter you as it doesn't actually fit any real physiology.

I'm amazed that they spent, what I can only assume was a LOT of time, making these, and yet they all have identical numbers and vanity paintings on them. Perhaps they're digitally doubling them? It's hard to tell from the video quality.

I'm also amazed at how many people with what seem to be incredible artistic talent spend so much time, money and effort on making something from somebody else's mind. Not even necessarily borrowing and modifying as artists will do, but out right copying down to the tiniest detail. I've seen this with Star Wars, Halo, etc. etc.

If I had that sort of talent I'd be making my own stuff. Each to their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
kdiddy13 wrote:

Artistic ability and talent doesn't necessarily translate to creativity, or the ability to realize "ideas" without a concrete reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:
kdiddy13 wrote:

Artistic ability and talent doesn't necessarily translate to creativity, or the ability to realize "ideas" without a concrete reference.

Too true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
kdiddy13 wrote:
Quixote171 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

And likely draw and quarter you as it doesn't actually fit any real physiology.

Which is why Space Marines are so BIG! Duh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shake yeah, while these were NOT nearly as 'scary' appearing as that TRON guy! robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.