Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I really want an avatar. And I've posted pictures of the few things in my collection that haven't already been put up.

I don't want to just gratuitously start posting stuff just for the sake of getting , so after my latest round of trades, I'm thinking of offering some of my less popular items for Geekgold.

Is this kosher?

What's the going rate for geekgold these days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can always resort to auctioning off stuff to gain GG. I've seen it done before. This is based off of my memory, but I believe someone once did an analysis after a game for GG auction and estimated that 50 GG was approximately equal to 10 bucks.

Now, you can always do session reports and/or reviews to gain the amount of GG needed. Begging is always an option as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Session reports are a sustainable way to harvest geek gold. I got lucky and found a game which wasn't in the database which scored me about 10 gold, but other than that it was a long hard slog writing session reports and user reviews for the more obscure games in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the transactions that I know of...

1gg =

0.25gg (US Dollers)
0.28gg
0.33gg
2.00gg
0.20gg
-------
Average = 0.61
However, the $2.00 transaction was a charity gift, so if we throw it out the currant rate of exchange is...
1gg = 26 cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I should change the title to "the quick and friendly quest for geekgold".

As you can see, I've got an avatar now. The Fairy Geekfather (who will remain nameless, unless they'd prefer that I talk about how wonderful they are) saw fit to donate the remaining balance I needed.

Which just absolutely ROCKS!!!

B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to note that you can track Geekgold contributions through a person's profile, so that we can all see that dragonraid contributed to your avatar. Not that I care, I just thought I'd let you know that the feature existed. There really is no end to the supply of friendly people here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've been in the same situation as you. I've contributed what I thought I could to the Geek, but writing reviews or session reports has not appealed to me. I've been thinking of trading some games for GG, but have not been motivated enough to do it.
--Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.