Invasion from Outer Space: The Martian Game» Forums » General

Subject: A nice touch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my pre-order, and besides the promised extra figs there was a letter thanking me for my pre-order that appeared to have been actually signed (not just a signed and copied) by some of the Flying Frog staff.

I think that's a great little extra; pre-orders help get these games produced and it's very nice to see a company make an effort to acknowledge it.

BTW, the game looks fantastic. US Priority mail managed to damage the box a little, but all of the boards and other components are fine. Going to play it at a party tonight! Let the death ray zorching commence! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im so jealous. Ive been waiting patiently all day long. Tracking says it left a facility, thats only 2 hrs away, about 12 hrs ago. Not sure the process for USPS Priority but that seems like an awfully long time. Im just crossing my fingers I wont have to wait til Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankara
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must wait... i am from spain xD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just received mine as well. VERY nice. However, I seem to have gotten a duplicate L board. I have two of the board with the House of Horrors / Fortune Teller / Concession stand.

The other four I have are:
Fun House / Bear Tent
Ferris Wheel / Trapeze Tent
Animal Pens / We Olde Curiosity Shop / Shooting Gallery
Storage Room / The Arcade / Second State Tent

Marstov, would you mind listing what the other L-board is?

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last one is Concession Stand/Fortune Teller/House of Horrors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!

One more question. Did your set come with domes just for the normal Martian troops (18), or did you get domes for the Martian Leader too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Martian Leader does not need a dome. He has a breath mask.

I got the letter in my copy as well, and yes it was hand signed by the guys. Classy move.

After browsing the rules, sleeving the cards, and punching and organizing all the bits, I am really excited to play this one! It has just the right amount of new stuff to make it fun and interesting, but just enough similar stuff, that I could have it up and playing in an hour after opening the box.

Thanks Flying Frog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malkie13 wrote:
Just received mine as well. VERY nice. However, I seem to have gotten a duplicate L board. I have two of the board with the House of Horrors / Fortune Teller / Concession stand.

Interesting, I have two of the same board as well. I wonder how common that duplication is? Nothing an email to FFP won't fix though.

I'm in awe of the amount of stuff in that box. It's quite happy making! Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to get this on the table tonight.

I got the letter too, along with a pair of buttons. Very nice touch, no wonder I keep ordering from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[no use for a name]
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot afford to pre-order the game with overseas shipping but I can't wait to know more about the game. I wanna see pictures :-)

So come on guys! Don't be shy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marstov
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will playing my first game of it sometime tonight. I'll bring a camera.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blekk42 wrote:
I cannot afford to pre-order the game with overseas shipping but I can't wait to know more about the game. I wanna see pictures :-)

So come on guys! Don't be shy!

Sorry. The wife had the camera all weekend at a huge bachelorette party thing, and I didn't want to upload crappy camera phone pics. I'll get some tonight if I haven't been beaten to the punch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.