Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Finally I opened the Israeli first Israeli club rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this message in the General section then noticed the blogs that are supposed to replace the journals and I think it is more appropriate here so once again:
Finally after a long anticipation my board games club was officially opened yesterday. Our goal is to have the club open on a weekly basis. After almost 40 people acknowledged their interest in coming to the club we were hoping that at least ~25 people will come and play. The main attraction was the starting of a 4 round tournament of Settlers of catan that will span two weeks, two rounds of Settlers in each week. The schedule was supposed to be 20:00-20:30 teaching the rules and then two round of game 20:30-22:00 and 22:00-23:30. Notice the word “supposed” in the previous sentence. People started coming at 20:30. At about 21:00 we had 12, most of them friends of Aran who helped me with the organization and some my friends. We thought 12 people are enough to start the tournament. Until we finished teaching the game 4 people decided too just watch the game, but 7 more people joined, so there was a second round of teaching the game.
The out come was: 12 people learned the game “Settlers of catan”, 15 people played Settlers in 4 tables only one round out of the two expected. Most of the people expressed their will to come and play again, hopefully on a weekly basis. My main disappointment is that many people who wrote to our new web site and said they will come, did not come. Which means the site although had a large exposure did not help at all in brining new people. I hope that many of the people who said they will not come because of prior engagement will come next time so we’ll have a larger tournament. All in all I felt very good about the experience and I look forward for the coming weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, a review of what happened.

I object only to "first Israeli club". Not by a longshot. :-) Not even the first Tel Aviv club, only the first official one.

Anyway, keep it going.

Yehuda

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Official one is correct
You are correct and I apologies if you were offended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.