Subject: Gaming in Beaverton, OR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt T
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there. I was wondering if there was any gaming groups in the Beaverton Area. I'd be willing to go to portland, but it seems a big meetup is at a pub, and being 20 I'm not able to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Totonchy
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The meetup is at the luckylab on hawthorne but it is a family friendly establishment. You are welcome to come join the fun, you just can't order beer. You will not be excluded for being under 21. There is also the meetup every other Sunday at Guardian games and Rainy Day games in Portland and Aloha respectively. Living in Beaverton, you are right in the middle of both of them so it shouldn't be too much of a commute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They only kick out minors at 9:30 or so. So you can play games from about 6 till then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt T
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, so the luckylab meet isn't for 21 and over? When do they usually meet then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Totonchy
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.luckylab.com/html/contact.html

says minors welcome until 9pm

that said, I doubt they'll care as long as you aren't drinking beer and don't look 13. Particularly if you are playing board games with the rest of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
They could lose their liquor license if minors stay past 9pm, so I'm sure they will be strict about that. (or, they SHOULD be strict about that as it could impact their business.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guardian on Sunday. Must do! Can't miss gaming in Portland.

I only get to spend 3 months a year in Portland so I try to hit as many gaming opportunities as I can. Lucky Lab is great(!) but Guardian is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Portland Guild lists several gaming groups.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/60

You should definitely check out the every-other-Sunday event at Rainy Day Games in Aloha. There appears to be a second group that also meets on Sundays in Aloha. A third Wednesday group is listed in Beaverton. I would also look into Knightfall Games. (Note that I haven't done any of these, so YMMV.)

Guardian also hosts game days on Sundays, alternating with Rainy Day Games.

Check out GameStorm, which hosts a convention every winter and free game days quarterly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any regular meetings on days other than Sunday? I am interested in joining a group on a regular basis but have religious obligations on Sunday that are fairly serious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.