Regis Etienne
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May a Flying / Acrobat Hero activate a glyph with a monster on it without killing the monster?
May a Flying / Acrobat Hero collect a coin pile with a monster on it without killing the monster?
May a Flying / Acrobat Hero open a chest with a monster on it without killing the monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Yes, they may activate the glyph. I believe there was a ruling in the most recent FAQ that stated that if a monster is on a glyph that is activated, it must move off as soon as it is able to (i.e. during the monster's normal activation).

2: Yes, collecting coins happens as soon as they are on the pile.

3: No, you may not open a chest unless you are the only thing on it. Pg 18 of the rulebook states, "A hero cannot open a chest if the chest is in the same space as another figure."

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
1: Yes, they may activate the glyph. I believe there was a ruling in the most recent FAQ that stated that if a monster is on a glyph that is activated, it must move off as soon as it is able to (i.e. during the monster's normal activation).

2: Yes, collecting coins happens as soon as they are on the pile.

3: No, you may not open a chest unless you are the only thing on it. Pg 18 of the rulebook states, "A hero cannot open a chest if the chest is in the same space as another figure."

-shnar

I agree with Shnar except that collecting coins does not happen 'automatically'. It is a movement action that costs 0MP and cannot be done until the hero is in that space. If there was some reason that the hero could not do a movement action (like being a monkey) or some effect which killed the hero as it entered the space (like Aura), then the coins would not be collected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one of those awesome sections of the rulebook:

Quote:
• During his turn, a hero may automatically pick up a
treasure token or marker in the space he is occupying (it
does not cost him any movement points to do so).

So, it's an optional-automatic action

But Corbon is correct, there are things that will keep you from picking it up.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Agree with Corbon to the fact that an acrobat monkey can't get coins. But this is the same as a normal monkey.

So we may rephrase the "coin pile" case as : the presence of a monster on a glyph, potion or coin pile doesn't affect an acrobat.
(picking is still possible if it was, and still impossible ifit was)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regis Etienne
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much to you all!!!
This was very helpful!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.