Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://early-onset-of-night.tumblr.com/post/1206666159/say-h...

Quote:
Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made from—things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve—bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.

There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?

High five, America!

*smack*

Click the link to see the picture.

Factory meat for the win baby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I did not click the link but I will take this under advisement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those unwilling to click the link (I cant post pics at work) it looks like a sickly pink snake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmmmm..... sickly pink snake.....

great, now I'm hungry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More like strawberry ice cream.

Anyways, take out "chicken" from the quoted text and you basically described hotdogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is your brain.

This is your brain turned into a meat pattie!

"Mmmm.... I got the chunky bits!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Simpson

California
msg tools
designer
publisher
Hey a snarky blogpost!

I don't understand why people are amazed by this or attribute it to american bad taste -- its been going on for over 100 years and is a call to reform from previous meat factory conditions. If it wasn't for Upton Sinclair (a writer!) and the formation of the FDA, then individual companies would still regulate their own processes.

And really, I don't see this blog guy killing a wild chicken on the way how from work in order to feed his family -- I see him picking up some nuggets like everyone else so he can get some facebook time in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
When it starts coming out green, then we got a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last spring, Jamie Oliver had that reality show Food Revolution. In it, he demonstrated to a bunch of American kids how chicken nuggets are made. It was disgusting. Next, he cooked the nuggets, and put them next to freshkly cooked whole chicken. He then asked them to decide which one they'd rather eat. Guess which one they chose? gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the pic (from Pronoblem's gallery)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think it's mechanically separated delicious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Here's the pic (from Pronoblem's gallery)

Strawberry! Yum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the old post:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/457803/what-is-this

Unicorn Poop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, there's my motivation to skip chicken nuggets. For fast food, it's Burger King Fish Sammich for me, anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
Okay, there's my motivation to skip chicken nuggets. For fast food, it's Burger King Fish Sammich for me, anyway!

How about, for motivation to skip the Burger King Fish Sammich, the fact that the commercial fishing for pollack (fish sticks, fast food fish sandwich, etc) is so fast and furious in the Bering Sea that sea lion populations dropped 80% up there?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,991733,00.h...

There is such thing as intelligent, responsible and renewable hunting, fishing, agriculture and diet... Burger King is not one of these. Plus, it is portion controlled corporate food served to you by teenagers and ex-cons. What is so appealing about that? It tastes good? Of course it does... It is fat and sodium laden fast food. The people: Yum. I could care less if my actions and choices are irresponsible. The industry: Money, money, money! It is good for the economy! So who cares about the long term? It is the American Way!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you eat meat, the only way you can be sure of its quality is to buy it from an organic producer or a local place which butchers local, grass-fed beef, and humanely raised chickens.

Otherwise, even the meat you get at your grocery store (along with 95% of everything else) comes from one of five massive food conglomerates who do scary sh** to your food in order to increase yields and toy with mother nature. The salmonella and food poisoning outbreaks, the recent egg recall, etc... all are a result of current horrific practices.

It's been proven that if we took the cattle which are being fed the unnatural corn-based diets (because it's cheap) and switched them to a grass-fed diet we'd eliminate 98% of all bacteria in their guts which causes all the illness associated with uncooked meat.

Chicken raising/processing is far more scary than even that.

Let's just say that you ought to know where your meat comes from. If not, you're killing yourself.

If you've not seen Food, Inc. you should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:

I've seen it, and it's disgusting. It really brings to light all the bad that is going on in the food industry.

But....they are just so beautifully golden brown, and warm, mmmmmmmm...BBQ sauce. *DROOOL*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
diehard4life wrote:

I've seen it, and it's disgusting. It really brings to light all the bad that is going on in the food industry.

But....they are just so beautifully golden brown, and warm, mmmmmmmm...BBQ sauce. *DROOOL*

great, now I'm hungry again!!!

I really have to stop checking responses to this thread in the morning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
It's been proven that if we took the cattle which are being fed the unnatural corn-based diets (because it's cheap) and switched them to a grass-fed diet we'd eliminate 98% of all bacteria in their guts which causes all the illness associated with uncooked meat.

Yeah, it was a trip to hear that *properly* cared for ground beef is safe to eat raw (I think it was Steven Raichlen who said it). I'd always been taught that raw meat is plain unsafe. I suppose that's the best approach given that the majority probably is tainted with bugs.

And since then I've always wanted to try raw ground beef but I don't trust the stuff from my supermarket, grass fed or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those of you with Netflix can stream this
http://www.foodincmovie.com/

This documentary made me very much want to avoid anything sold in a supermarket, and buy from the different farmers markets here in town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
What? The fact that McD's chicken nuggets come in one of three exact forms isn't some sort of clue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I read or hear about stuff like this, all I really here is Charlie Brown's teacher speaking in my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when you get addicted to the nuggets:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I drink your milkshake!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
What happens when you get addicted to the nuggets:

To me that looks like what happens when you get addicted to meth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.