Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Andrews
United States
Birmingham
Michigan
flag msg tools
We were invited over to Doug's house to play Pirate's Cove with him and his son. Autumn and I went over and set up the board. Every time I take this out of the box I marvel at how cool the pieces are...Days of Wonder rocks! Just the visual of the booty in the middle of the board is enough to get the little boy in me racing...but I digress.

This was the second time that Doug and his son Tucker have played the game, so it moved faster. I attempted throughout the game to make sure and (if there were no conflicts), have everyone resolve their own islands. This added considerably to the speed of the game, and we were done in around an hour.

The first pirate ship was the one (don't remember the name) that has no guns, just a variable die roll for fame. Autumn and I headed immediately for this ship, she beat me in a close battle, and jumped out to a 10 point lead (she got a die roll of 6, then got 1 for beating me, and the card at Tavern Island was 3...yikes! Although there were plenty of hard fought battles, including a great win over the pirate at Treasure Island at the end, Autumn pulled out the win over the rest of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.