United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Was the caller wearing a blue dress by any chance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it was a Pirates fan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Maybe it was a Pirates fan?

"Pirates fans" are an extinct species, gone the way of the Dodo bird and Willie Stargell, so it couldn't have been one of them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Must have been a Cardinals fan....

Go Reds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
bjlillo wrote:
But seriously people, what kind of a douchebag do you have to be to call the "statewide smoking ban complaint hotline" to tell on the Reds?

The same socially conservative PTC sheeple that flooded CBS with phone calls after less than one-half of one second's exposure to a nipple shield? After all, America is filled with busybodies with loads of spare time. Just look at RSP.

desertfox2004 wrote:
"Pirates fans" are an extinct species, gone the way of the Dodo bird and Willie Stargell, so it couldn't have been one of them...

Nah, us Pittsburgh locals know that was always Nutting's trump card: The rubes turned out in droves no matter how bad the losing record was. So what was the point of putting a winning product on the field if the attendance was never going to significantly increase. Just look at Tampa: a playoff team whose fans still can't be bothered to turn up at games. Why spend all that money on payroll when the locals will show up regardless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
But seriously people, what kind of a douchebag do you have to be to call the "statewide smoking ban complaint hotline" to tell on the Reds?

The same socially conservative PTC sheeple that flooded CBS with phone calls after less than one-half of one second's exposure to a nipple shield? After all, America is filled with busybodies with loads of spare time. Just look at RSP.

desertfox2004 wrote:

Nah, us Pittsburgh locals know that was always Nutting's trump card: The rubes turned out in droves no matter how bad the losing record was. So what was the point of putting a winning product on the field if the attendance was never going to significantly increase. Just look at Tampa: a playoff team whose fans still can't be bothered to turn up at games. Why spend all that money on payroll when the locals will show up regardless?

LOL - those people you describe aren't "Pirates" fans - they're "Bobble Head" and "Fireworks" fans! (PS - I'm a Pittsburgh local too - I'm happy to say that this was the year that I broke the spell of bobbleheads and pyrotechnics - I didn't go to a single game. Further, I'm not going back until they start winning...Frankly, I don't expect to ever go to another game...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
desertfox2004 wrote:
LOL - those people you describe aren't "Pirates" fans - they're "Bobble Head" and "Fireworks" fans!

Right you are, sir!
Although I think they only had 1 bobblehead night this year (McCutcheon.) I know the street-vendors were hawking them like mad in the Strip the day after that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:
LOL - those people you describe aren't "Pirates" fans - they're "Bobble Head" and "Fireworks" fans!

Right you are, sir!
Although I think they only had 1 bobblehead night this year (McCutcheon.) I know the street-vendors were hawking them like mad in the Strip the day after that game.

It's tough to have bobble-head nights anymore when by the time the dolls are manufactured in China and shipped to the USA, the player is already traded away or demoted to AAA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.