Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if the extra gene cards made available in the Ursuppe expansion will be reprinted for the new Primordial Soup version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Expansion Genes going to made available for Primordial Soup?
4Corners wrote:
I'm wondering if the extra gene cards made available in the Ursuppe expansion will be reprinted for the new Primordial Soup version?

***If you mean have those genes been reprinted then no - Primordial Soup is only the basic game. If you mean will the expansion genes ever get reprinted in an English version? Maybe. I've mentioned this in several places: if sales of the core game warrants the expansion you will see the expansion. Right now it is too early to tell.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brafman
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zman (#446774),

One option to consider. From what I've read the original expansion contained both additional gene cards but also bits that allowed the game to be played with more players. I've read a few reviews suggesting that the gene cards are a worthwhile addition even without adding extra players. From this it seems that an expansion set that would be both cheaper to produce and cheaper to buy would include the cards but not the bits.

- David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
brafman wrote:
Zman (#446774),

One option to consider. From what I've read the original expansion contained both additional gene cards but also bits that allowed the game to be played with more players. I've read a few reviews suggesting that the gene cards are a worthwhile addition even without adding extra players. From this it seems that an expansion set that would be both cheaper to produce and cheaper to buy would include the cards but not the bits.

- David

***Hi, David:

Offering just the gene cards is something I was thinking about. But I don't know if adding Gene cards would just crowd the options in a 3-4 player game - or does it open things up? I don't know. Of course I would also need D&F's permission to do only cards.

But I think it is worthwhile to consider, especially if it does work with 3-4 players.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McCallum
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion would be amazing to get my hands on. I could see myself using this game in my classroom when I start teaching biology as a nice little tie in with evolution. Kids would get a kick out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.