8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: 10 Days Series Board Graphics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Why is it there have never been an attempt to make the countries design in the 10 Days in Series to be more than a splash of colour ?

With the multiple versions out there, it might be good for consistency, however it makes for one non-applealing ugly looking board.

Now the games a good buy, a rare educational one and would probably work with the non-gamers, but could we get a face lift here?

What suggestion are out there ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
djay16 wrote:
Why is it there have never been an attempt to make the countries design in the 10 Days in Series to be more than a splash of colour

Because it doesn't need changing!

I am curious. What exactly are you suggesting? How would you like to see it done?

I, personally, have no problem with the way the boards look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a game that depends heavily on being able to see the different colours at a glance, anything other than simple splashes of colour would undermine the smooth running of the game and probably worsen the experience.

I agree good graphics are great, but not at the expense of gameplay surely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Zapped by the Wall-o-Text spell.
badge
"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drome; time for this one to come home."
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so we all know what we're talking about here:

Looks just fine to me, FWIW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the way the boards look for the entire 10 Days series. If you want a little something different, you can check out the original incarnation of the series, Europe Tour, which is now merged with 10 Days in Europe. The map there had little pictures in each country showing something representative of that country as well as a little bit more texture (i.e. mountains).

There's not a good picture of the board here on the Geek. This is the best I saw:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
djay16 wrote:
Why is it there have never been an attempt to make the countries design in the 10 Days in Series to be more than a splash of colour

I am curious. What exactly are you suggesting? How would you like to see it done?

Well the idea suggested in seppo21 reply (putting landmarks) would be a nice touch although NOT like shown in the picture, that look too cluttered.

Something more towards like the buildings shown in Marvel Heroes, something where you've got to look a little closer to recognize

I've read somewhere that earlier version's of 10 Days in the USA had the flag watermark in the background? That was a nice touch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
Just so we all know what we're talking about here:

Looks just fine to me, FWIW.

That's correct it look fine, there's nothing negative that would detract gameplay, although it's not something that would appear in a "great looking board" geeklist either right?

My point is this - 5 versions of FINE? No attempt at a deluxe version?

Yeah, if its not broken.., or the cost reasoning are all good, just thought that maybe other people had a alternate board design version in their head and would like to share

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.