BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Need some quick help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick D
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Alright folks, I will be heading over to my LGS to pick up a game of choice, and am completely torn between the following:

Incursion
OKKO
Dungeon Twister
Claustrophobia
Tanhauser - Revised Rules

Keep in mind that I tend to like fairly speedy games, in other word 1.5 hours is starting to stretch it. Also, I don't mind some luck but I really enjoy tactical strategy and deep mechanics.

Are there any others I am missing in this general genre besides stuff that is OOP?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
havent played the others but depending on your opponent, tannhauser can take much longer than that to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can definitely recommend Claustrophobia. Dungeon Twister was a little too heavy for me. The others I have not played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nd23rin wrote:
Are there any others I am missing in this general genre besides stuff that is OOP?

WHat's the general genre? Games you can play in 1.5 hours with some luck but also strategy? There are many games in this category. I wouldn't recommend any on your list though. But partly because I don't play 2p games much. Is that an important factor for you?

In general, when starting from minimal experience, just use the game rankings and look for top ranked games that are available in the 60-90 minute range. Without being more specific on your parameters, you're just going to get whims of random posters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick D
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
So, I think I have ruled out a couple of these and I'm definately picking up Dungeon Twister 2. Now between the games below, do any of them fit the bill as far as depth goes. I tend to get bored with really low tactic games, and it seems some of the miniatures type skirmish games can be that way from what I read:

Incursion
Doom: The Board Game, no expansion
Tannhauser Revised Rules

Any others???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.