Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are shadow points required to move Saruman's forces? In a 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tweakston
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not dumb. It is required. I think. There's no rule that says otherwise. Note that hand orc searches cost shadow points too. However, there is no rule in the 3 player game even though there must be one!!! So who knows. Rob'll tell you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the way we have been playing it. All Dark forces except leaders must use shadow points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tweakston
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
As with so much of the game, the rules seem like just a sketch. Suppose a nazgul moves in the same stack as an army. Its counterintuitive that the dark power player has to spend to move both the nazgul and the army. Couldn't the nazgul ride on horseback like the mouth for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play it as the Nazgul has to pay his own way. I agree with your thought, it would make sense that they would all move together at a cost of moving the forces in the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With respect I would disagree with that - the shadow points are an indication of the effort that Sauron has to expend to control his forces. Hence when he dies all of the evil creatures collapse and run despite being on the point of overwhelming the western forces. The evil men stand but also see more clearly and ... well you know the book.

In the context of the game the Nazgul have special etheral or non natural mounts and they themselves need to be controlled by Sauron. The mouth of Sauron by contrast is still human and alive and can therefore act alone out of choice like other men.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.