Popular Tags: [View All]
Griffin Johnson
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some really fantastic threads related to painting with a lot of talented people here sharing their work. The only thing that seems to be missing is a cohesive area on the BGG to group this info and pics together?

Would anyone else be interested in a sub forum like this or do you think it's not really needed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of miniatures sites to go to.

This place is not really slanted that way. The categorization by game makes sense for people interested in a specific game, as the techniques would vary greatly from Combots to BattleLore to Malifaux. Its an interesting subforum, but really not necessary with fine sites out there dedicated to what is conceivably a completely seperate hobby unto itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Johnson
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, but I want to talk to people here

I don't do any table top gaming otherwise I would be on those sites. Since this is the premiere board game site on the web, I'd like a place to talk to others about painting board game miniatures as opposed to Warhammer etc..

Thank you for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Erb
United States
Parkersburg
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, re-read what you had posted and realized mine had little to do with your actual question.

I think the DIY threads cover the main needs here at BGG, which is quick and dirty techniques for tricking out board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Johnson
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll have a look!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also the Miniature Painters Guild, which I think is fairly recent, and although it doesn't index all the related material on the site, could become the place to go for paintheads (or miniheads, or whatever one should call such enthusiasts).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Johnson
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! Thanks James!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.