Subject: Durin's Bane question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Stuart
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
When you have played Balrog as an event card, and then discard it for Durin's Bane, can you play an additional combat card on the round you use it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Durin's Bane question
anonystu (#446682),

Durins Bane is a combat card itself, so only usable in a battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ruhland
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anonystu (#446682), the text allows the card to be discarded as a combat card. I think this would be against the spirit of the rules of one combat card per round, since you're playing from in front of you rather then in your hand, you're still playing a combat card.
Thats my opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stuart
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
kruhland (#447222),

That's the crux of my question too: it's clear you play it in battle, but are you discarding it to get the combat card effect and playing a card, or does it count as the only card you play in a round?

My interpretation agrees with you that it does not allow you to get two effects in a round, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Michaud
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
anonystu (#448128),

Only one combat card is allowed per round.

The Balrog of Moria card gives the possibility to the Shadow player to use the combat card instead of Balrog of Moria if the Fellowship player decided to choose another path for the fellowship. So if the card is played for a battle round, you can't use another one till the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silmarillion (#451401),

Here's a question.

The attacker must first declare whether he is using a card. Then the defender declares whether he is using a card.

If the attacker wants to use Durin's Bane, does he have to tell the defender he is using Durin's Bane before the defender decides whether to use a card (and if so, what card to use?) I assume so, but it's not clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Michaud
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Eric Brosius (#452475),

I don't think the Shadow player has to declare which card he's planning to use before the Free people player decides to use a combat card or not.

The rules states the combat card of each player (attacker and defender) are revealed at the same time only after each player decide to use a card or not. I guess it will be logical that rule includes Durin's bane.

But the Free people player should guess Durin's bane will be played if the defending army is 1 or 2 regions away from Moria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.