Popular Tags: [View All]
William Bentley
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's up with this? I'm sure vacations were a major factor over the late summer and school start up, etc. Perhaps those who do have jobs are getting pressed to work even harder before the boss finally hires some more people? Health and family issues are no doubt to blame in some, but I've noticed nearly all my games (10 or so) slowing way down for the last several months.
Anyway, I'm advertising for an ACTS/CB HIS game where you already know how and want to play fast. I mean at least several moves a day, with each player's turn coming up every day or two. And before the wargameroom/vassal crowd shows up, let me pre-empt and say no. I'd like to have the option of taking some time to ponder my moves. I want to play PBEM via ACTS/CB, just faster than a tortoise crawls.
Rabbits, just hop on this thread if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm there, dude. I am in several and really keep them going. I check email, well all day really. I travel a bit and so am gone for the majority of a day there, but that really hasn't slowed down any of my games.

Preferences:
Otts
Haps
Eng or Pap or Prot about the same
Fra

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. I'm playing one HIS and one SOR that haven't moved much at all lately.

Preferences:
Papacy
everything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi, William,

I'm interested. I'm single and semi-employed so I should be able to keep up to your satisfaction. Preferences are Prot, Ottoman, Haps in that order.

Tim K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bentley
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the spirit. 3 players in as many hours. 2 more rabbits needed and we're off to the races! Send in your preferences, perhaps we can get started tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bentley
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron Cappocchi has joined as well. 1 more spot left.
1. Haps
2. Otto
3. France
4. Luther

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like no one wants England or France. I can take one of those, if other so you don't.

As we get ready, I'd like to use suggest using ACTS for the rolling. I don't care if we want to use it for the cards.

Also, I'd like to propose one house rule. I'm good with it being voted down.

"When VOLUNTARILY giving up a card (ie. during diplomacy or certain card plays), the controlling player may "protect" ONE card. This protected card is not among the choices."

For example: I have 4 non-home cards that can be given. I offer a card to Player X, who agrees. When I roll to determine the card to be given, I'd say. Card 3 is not eligible.

Card1
Card2
XXXCard3XXX
Card4

dr3 picks card 4.

It's pretty easy to do and I've used it in quite a few games. Basically, we just never gave a card, because of THAT ONE that you couldn't bear to lose.

Anyway, looking forward to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamspamus wrote:
Also, I'd like to propose one house rule. I'm good with it being voted down.

"When VOLUNTARILY giving up a card (ie. during diplomacy or certain card plays), the controlling player may "protect" ONE card. This protected card is not among the choices."

Sounds like a really interesting house rule. Perhaps that triggers a lot more usage of the give-card abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
San Diego area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to use the official rules.

I've geekmailed my ACTS info to William and am ready to start any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bentley
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
House rules are a slippery slope. I'd prefer not. This game is so beautifully balanced (when played by knowledgeable players) that I'm loathe to tinker.

I think I've identified the ACTS logins for all those who've stepped forward so once we get a 6th, we'll be off and running.

Lastly, I'll need the power preferences for that last player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ballinger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you still have the opening, I'm game. No preference at all for power selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also reluctant to agree to any house rules. Game is fine as-is to me.

Tim K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.