Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the gallery for Small World: Necromancer Island:

But when I clicked on the rightmost image, I ended up in a different gallery, the one for the base game:

I assume that it's because it was linked in.

This is confusing at first, and irritating at second. I'd like to browse those images I was looking at without having to hit the back button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way linked images work, but in this case that image should not be linked from the main game to the expansion, it should exist in the expansion gallery so I moved it there. Most likely it was uploaded before the expansion was added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured this might be a "feature", not a bug. This brings up some questions:

- When browsing an image gallery, is there some way of knowing ahead of time that a particular image is linked image, not part of the actual gallery?

- In this particular case, did you put a link back in the main gallery?

- .... I forget what my other question was. I'm still waking up.

- Does your user name mean you love white, or squares, or what?

At any rate, thanks much for moving the image. It was kind of ironic that the representative image wasn't in the game's gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Barliman wrote:
- When browsing an image gallery, is there some way of knowing ahead of time that a particular image is linked image, not part of the actual gallery?

Usually if you hover over the link, you can see that the URL that it points to will actually be a different item than the one you are browsing, in this case it would have pointed to the main game instead of the expansion. It actually still does that for this image probably due to caching, but it doesn't actually take you to the main game anymore since I moved the image.

Quote:
In this particular case, did you put a link back in the main gallery?

nope, in my view the main game image gallery should contain images of the main game, not the expansions, that's what the expansion game image galleries are for. I'm sure this is not the case and things are messy, but I fixed it for this case at least.

Quote:
- Does your user name mean you love white, or squares, or what?

I guess you aren't using a Mac? I think that symbol may only show up on Macs as it's an apple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.