Popular Tags: [View All]
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion.isotropic.org was down for a while last night, and when it came back up, I was delighted to see two buttons next to the usual field for my nickname: "start (images)" and "start (text only)". Starting a game with a friend brought me to something like this (I started a solo game for the following screenshot):

From the FAQ:
Quote:
OMG images!

If you've been here before, the card images are new. They aren't the ones from the real published game — I don't have permission to use RGG's art — but Donald X. kindly provided the images he used on the original prototype versions of all the cards, so you can see how it used to really look. The basic card images (basic treasures and victory cards and curses) I made myself.

Text mode is still available. You can even switch in the middle of a game by reloading your browser and clicking the start button for the mode you want; it should rejoin your game in progress in the new mode.

It takes a little while to used to the different images and new layout, but I like this a lot. The pop-up card text is welcome, too.

Given the quality of his implementation, Doug seems like a shoo-in for creating the eventual official online version of Dominion. I, for one, would be happy to support it with my hard-earned money!

Willie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
because it's all I ever wanted to be..
badge
Cloning gamers since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!! I gotta try that again now. I really didn't like the no-image game, but now.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Irons
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it! I'm going to have to try this out later!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Johnson
msg tools
mb
I wish the card images weren't "attached" to the bottom of the screen. If you have a large monitor and you like to use your windows at full size, the cards can appear all the way below the text box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that Donald is supporting (or at least tolerating) this project. I've been leery of getting Dominion expansions beyond Seaside, since my wallet is protesting. But the Prosperity cards are awesome, and it's great to be able to try them out first.

Pop-up card text is great for people who aren't that familiar with the cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork on Shantytown gets an enormous facelift!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Properity on BSW yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Parker
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Purple Paladin wrote:
Is Properity on BSW yet?

I don't know. But the place to play Dominion is on Isotropic: http://dominion.isotropic.org/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidwparker wrote:
Purple Paladin wrote:
Is Properity on BSW yet?

I don't know. But the place to play Dominion is on Isotropic: http://dominion.isotropic.org/

There's also the offline program which you play against AI.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/519284/onlineoffline-dom...

So far, the AI seems to be competitive for the base game and earlier sets in the series. Add on Prosperity and the comp is a rather weak.

Envoy has to be unliked via completing the campaign game. No Stash nor Black Market.

Speaking of which, the Campaign mode is a refreshing change of pace from the typical game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.