Clans» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rene Wiersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
With the other half of the gaming group still being caught up in analysis paralysis over the agonizing decisions in San Marco, Franke, Marcel and I wanted to play a quick and easy three player game. While none of us particularly loves Clans it was the best fit for our criteria.

My strategy in Clans is to cluster huts of one color, while at the same time trying to separate at least one other color from that cluster. This should result in several villages scored, with always at least one of my huts in it, for maximum result. However, it is a very fickle strategy - Clans depends too much on other players' moves to formulate a coherent long term plan anyway - and the plan didn't work in this game.

Marcel had a better strategy. Somehow he always managed to set up a situation in which he would let Franke, to his left, score the villages, but always getting the better end of the scoring anyway. Marcel was blue, that much was pretty clear halfway the game. However, I couldn't figure out a way to form profitable villages without blue in it. I think I also missed some opportunities to form villages, which didn't help my scoring.

The end result was that Marcel won quite easily. I came in second, and Franke came in last, despite an abundance of scoring chips.

I'm not a great fan of Clans. To me it feels much like a game where you do stuff, and at the end somebody wins. The mechanics are kind of cool, though, and it only takes half an hour to complete a game, so I can bear to play it every once in a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.