Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Coote
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be missing Spiel this year for the first time in about 10 years as I'll be visiting Malaysia. So was hoping to get a boardgame fix while I'm there.

I'm going to be staying in Ipoh, and was hoping to maybe check out some boardgame shops.

If someone could recommend some that would be very handy.

Also out of interest is there many/any that sell games from other asian contries rather than just western games.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Barry,

I don't think there are any boardgame shops in Ipoh. Boardgames is a relatively new hobby here in Malaysia. There are a few online shop based in Kuala Lumpur that sells boardgames (www.boardgamecafe.net is one of them). As for brick n mortar shops you can only find it in KL.

KL is just 2 hours+ drive from Ipoh, if you're down here maybe you can join the local groups for gaming.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay in Ipoh, there are lots of good food there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Coote
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Won't be able to get to KL this visit. But I think something to make sure I get a chance to do the next time I am in town.

I like Ipoh, This will be my third time, visiting girlfriends familiy, and yes the food is simply wonderful there, as I've found it to be all over Malaysia to tell the truth.

So guess I'll have to just focus on the food then this time. That really won't be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Barry,

Wow GF from Ipoh, you really have good 'taste'. There's a saying that Ipoh produces the finest gals in Malaysia... .

You're right, you should just focus on the food. We don't have new games to offer here in Malaysia, most of the games we have here is imported from US or Europe... You might not find anything new here, unless you want to get to know some new friends in this part of the world who shares the same hobby... Malaysia is a wonderful place to visit totally not a country like how it is reported in the west, I guess you should know it by now. Anyway, enjoy your stay here... Give us a shout-out when you're in KL, you can always join our gaming group here... cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Coote
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya Allen,

Hahaha!!

I shall defiantly have to post when I'm next visiting KL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.