United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
Was pre-ordering my copy of Mansions of Madness at Board and Bits and wondering (again) if I shouldn't just get my Wrath of Ash-what-ever through them too when I saw this Resident Evil Deck Building Game listed. How did I miss this game?

Well, went to BGG and found... next to nothing. Eh? Well, followed the link to Bandai's Card Game website and discovered through the press release that the game was announced on September 23 for release in November. That's fast! Guess they don't believe in building up anticipation (or sexy, informative websites).

I wonder if it is because so many other games seem to be the rage right now that this game seems to have a zero splash around here. Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game (ugh, another annoyingly long title) are big, with plenty of other games making just as much noise around BGG. Of course, neither video games nor Bandai seem to burn at the top of many BGG user lists. The game doesn't seem to have made a splash anywhere else either, though.

Well, I'll get the game (as long as I was guaranteed those promo cards; found on their Facebook site at http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=478418695347&set=a.40...). Ugh. text-text-text. This does not bode well for the rest of the game. I hate text.

Oh, well. Can't beat the price for the cards and for a license that I like (though I haven't played the video games since like Resident Evil II...). Besides, I hear it's like Thunderstone (though with one character, and guns, of course. Lots of guns.) which is good because I was back and fourth about that game (looks a little too release crazy...). I can get my exploration/deck building fix. Will Resident Evil Deck Building Game (talk about an unsexy title) even survive to have an expansion? Well, if not at least I'll have a complete game (It covers video games 1-4? Cool).

(And what's up with everyone misinterpretting the October sneak peak as a release date?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gill
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
awakeneddragon wrote:

(And what's up with everyone misinterpretting the October sneak peak as a release date?)

OMG....hey everyone...he just confirmed it. The game IS coming out in Oct like we thought. Yeaaahhhhhhh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the press release it says it is coming out on November 19th.

I sure hope that it is released then as I would like to run it at a convention here in Michigan in early December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bykov
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
The game is coming out in November, but the plan is to have demo copies shipped to select stores so that they can run special Holloween Demo events with the local players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.