Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After 5 games heres what I feel is important for the Martians.

- Moving Saucers early is important in the later game. I like to spend my first turn or two getting my saucers in position. This makes it much easier for reinforcements to get into the thick of things instead of coming in from the corners.

- I dont spend too many command points drawing cards. You get 2 free ones each turn. Sometimes after a Hero death I may draw cards with the extra command points but overall Id rather spend those points on the other options

- Saucer Blasts and Death Rays are almost too good to pass up. I tend to build these and use them as soon as I get a good chance (which has been immediately so far for me) The other tech is cool but not as good as these 2. Starting fires with the Saucer Blast is just too much fun.

- Martians have a strong possibility of depleting the Hero deck. Its not going to happen every game but it is more likely to happen than in LNoE. There are 5 cards to discard cards from the Hero deck and 3 of them remains in play. Proto Bomb and They're Here are the two that do not remains in play but those 2 cards can easily do 10+ cards

- Staying in full packs is very important. The only times I will split my packs up is either to hinder the movement of a Heroes (place 1 martian in the door way they planned to escape out) or to get as many cards as possible from They're Here.

- Reinforcements is my favorite use of the command phase. To immediately bring in 3 more martians has been very crucial in a few games. If I have enough Martians out I prefer to call on the Zard Beast.

Id like to hear what others think is important for the Martians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankara
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am agree with all the terms you say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say for myself the Commander has been much more consistent than the zard beast. I mean giving a single group 5 attack dice and 4 shots at 3+ makes them a power house. They are quite difficult to take down at that point and usually take some careful ranged attacks to take down. Otherwise I agree. Usually I move Saucers just before firing something from them if I need to line up the template JUST right. Having many tech cards on the field is also useful. Keep them guessing. sometimes its worth it just not to flip cards over (obviously these are less useful cards) until just the right moment.

Also while moving in packs is important often packs get broken up. Usually you have to deal with it so just figure out how to make it work. Also don't underestimate shooting its good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got to experience the power of the Martian Leader. I got Rapid Fire Ray Guns out and my Martian Leader and his pack made short work of JoJo and Angelica in just 2 turns. My wife was a bit upset when she finally got rid of Reinforced Domes only to face the Rapid Fire Ray Guns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.