Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Jones
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Saturday, October 9th, I hosted a 12 player Railways of the World:Card Game tournament at my local gaming store. The winner would be the player with the most cumulative victory points after 3 games. Tie-breakers would be decided by total links followed by total cube delivery. For the first game, seating at each table and first player was decided randomly by drawing numbered counters. Seating for each game after the first was determined by cumulative victory points for previous games, so all the top scores would play each other, followed by 2nd and 3rd. This worked out great and keeping track of the links and goods did become a factor for working out seating for the 2nd and 3rd games. Grand prize was a shiny new copy of the game!
We officially started at 2:30pm and finished at 5:45pm. The top 4 scores were: Sinead - 221, Chuck - 218, Jacob - 212, and Tommy - 211. I give Tommy a salute on his placement because I taught him the game just before we started and to finish 4th amongst veteran players, shows good gaming skills "straight out of the box". For 12 players, the combined scores were: 2346 vps, 160 links built, and 203 cubes delivered. Not a bad day over-all

I saw alot of strategies during play, but the one used most effectively was building links out of other players cities to claim the points. If you have the right cards and enough opportunity, this can really be a game changer at end-game scoring.

Everyone had a great time and the enjoyed the format of the tourney. I'm sure there are other ways it could be done but I wanted to run it in a style that was parallel to the rule book. Thanks to my contact at Eagle Games for all the help and support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for hosting an event for the players at your local store. I love that you tracked all the points, links, and deliveries...interesting data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice write up. I wish I could have been there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jill cesarsky
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great time! Thanks again Steve our wing man!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, big kudos for Steve for organizing the tournament for us. We all had a great time. We're hoping to have more tourneys for a variety of games in the future.

If anyone is interested in participating in the future or will be in the Wilmington NC area to join us for some games, GM me and I'll send a link to our yahoo group page where we post all our upcoming events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Baxter
msg tools
I too want to thanks Steve for putting a successful tournament on for us.

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.