Richard Smith
Canada
Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The standard 'tough' decisions are when to start attacking tougher monsters and how to spend your money. I'm hoping for stories of players who have had interesting or difficult decisions to make while playing this game.

Warm regards, Rick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tonyp tonyp
msg tools
I've had to choose to feed many allies to monsters to save my hero.
Other times I've had to decide whether PvP was called for close to the endgame in order to get another weakened heroes Dragonrune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Runebound usually isn't a game with large, pivotal decisions that have to be made. Instead it forces players to make many small decisions as efficiently as possible to win.

Personally I consider movement to be the toughest decision. Because the game is a race, you really need to pick your paths carefully to avoid wasting time (both on the current turn, and in the future) while tracking down new encounters or travelling to purchase powerful items. The fact that movement is dice-based prevents the odds for desired paths from being clear in many cases, so you have to constantly adjust your plan and be willing to make unexpected stops during the adventure. This doesn't seem to be the type of decision you want though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.