Subject: New League Forming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Wigdor
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The first Wargameroom Internet 1989 League is drawing to a close. Congratulations to Charles Robinson, who has already qualified for the league's Championship Finals, and to Riku Riekkinen and Steven Bauer, who will be playing a best 2 out of 3 to see who will meet Charles.

While Charles, Riku and Steven slug it out for last year's title, it's time to start up a new league! The 2011 Wargameroom Internet 1989 League will begin on November 8th, 2010. We'll be playing, competing, and also help playtesting the game.

With the game now scheduled to be released by GMT, this is a perfect chance to help us make sure that the game is the best it can be! As an incentive to be a part of it all, we'll be giving out free copies of the game to all league members who complete their full league schedule.

The league will use the Internet 1989 program at Wargameroom. The games will be timed so that they don't last longer than 2 1/2 hours. Players are asked to stay on or ahead of a pace of 1 game every 2 weeks.

If that sounds like fun, leave a reply here, or send me an e-mail at brucewig@hotmail.com. Hope to see you in the league!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Bissell
msg tools
I am most definitely interested. I normally hang around WGR as b3p0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanon
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bruce. I sent an email as well. I'd very much like to be part of the next league. Do you have a link to the rules? I can't seem to locate them anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://tedtorgersonlaw.com/1989/rules.pdf

The management reserves the right to change the rules in the middle of your game if he is behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The management reserves the right to change the rules

This is the way of the totalitarian system and this was demolished in 1989
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
judoka wrote:
Quote:
The management reserves the right to change the rules

This is the way of the totalitarian system and this was demolished in 1989

Hahaha. I'm becoming a Communist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.