1 Posts

Genoa» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Nick blew out the little blue candle on his birthday cake, then we broke out Rudiger Dorn’s The Traders of Genoa as the night’s main course. Fred had been wanting to play this game again, and it’s one of Eric and Ann’s favorite games (we were playing with their copy). Nick and Star had to split soon so they sat out.

The Traders of Genoa [5P]

This is not an easy game to talk about. It was the highest scoring game of Traders I’ve ever played, and the amounts that people were willing to give up were pretty crazy. The market was never rolled so we played all the turns. Eric was playing the ownership / message game, Fred was doing Large Orders like nuts, and the rest of us were playing some variation of the middle ground. I’m not great at this game because I can’t stand playing loose.

In the next-to last turn I had an interesting decision. I could end the game by playing the start anywhere tile to start in the market, or I could take my turn and deliver a large order and a message (I was last in turn order). However, that opened the door to the other people to cash in the cards they had in hand. Eric owned six buildings and had a handful of messages. I took the risk that no one else could generate 130 ducats in the final turn (I’d be tapped out and have nothing else to do.) Of course, Eric delivered a gazillion messages (okay, more like four) and collected even more rent. Fred delivered an large order that I didn’t know he could complete.

In the end, the decision I made didn’t help me, but it allowed Fred to overtake Eric and win the game.

The Traders of Genoa – final scores:
Fred – 835 ducats
Eric – 800
G – 765
Richard – 725
Ann – 625

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.