Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've seen some posts on this, but it wasn't very clear.

1. Can you move a cube from port to a ship to another port, then by rail to anywhere else on the map?

I think yes, but the rulebook states something along the lines of having to use rails to move cubes.

2. Can you "sell mechandise or cotton" by "moving it" from one port to a ship to another port?

THe rulebook does seem to allow this, IIRC.

3. Can you build a ship if there is no built port tile in the connecting cities? The rule that states you need to have at least a rail connection into the city would seem to allow this. Now, can you bring the coal in without that port tile? I says no, and I think MW said no on another thread, but I couldn't find anything that would confirm this in the rulebook.

Great game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. Basically, any port-ship pair is treated as a rail connection which is owned by no one.

2. Yes. Same as above.

3. No. A port is required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
r3gamer wrote:
3. Can you build a ship if there is no built port tile in the connecting cities? The rule that states you need to have at least a rail connection into the city would seem to allow this.

A Ship cannot be built unless a constructed port (anyone's) is in place that is connected to the ship space. If you are using a "Location" card then that is the only prerequisite.

If you are using an "Industry" card then the port in question must be yours or, if it is not, then you must be connected by rail to the port city. That, I believe, is what is behind your second sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.