1 Posts

Catchup» Forums » General

Subject: Ketchup Redux rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bentley
United States
flag msg tools
It was discovered that my game Ketchup, as originally conceived, has a big first mover advantage, and that this ignominious problem grows worse on large boards (which is unusual). Luckily, there's a natural fix, which results in a finely balanced game that might be better than the original.

The fix is: the asymmetric move rules don't kick in until someone has formed a group of at least 2 stones. That is to say: the 12* move rule is in place until a group of at least 2 is formed, and from then on the player with the largest group plays 2 stones and the player without the largest group plays three.

I'm writing to post the new rules. See this link for new rules and downloadable PnP boards:

I'll also note that the ig game center, where Ketchup can be played online, has been updated to reflect the modification.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.