Popular Tags: [View All]
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard that designers of Avalon Hill's Successors are hoping to re-issue an updated version of this game. Does anyone know how similar or not this will be to the original and when it might possibly be out? For instance, will it stick with the card play and will the game have as nice (and as solid) a board?

Having played Hannibal and found it excellent, I'm really keen to hear about this project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much of the gameplay will stay similar, as far as I know. It's more of an update than a redesign. More information can be found in the Successors folder at Consimworld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a look in the Successors folder and couldn't find much, but if you've got a link to specific details, that would be great.

Good news that it's being redone, anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this link.
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@203.BmCWaHSs2Rw.1395084@...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I guess the link doesn't work. Must be some sort of security feature on consimworld (or I did it wrong).
Try going to Era: Pre-gunpowder (ancients), it is close to the bottom of the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For example, the last message in that folder (Boardgaming->Individual Game or Series Discussion->Erare-Gunpowder (Ancients)->Successors) is:

"Successors III

As I mentioned earlier when this question was last raised, the game in essence is finished. However Mark [Simonitch] and I have agreed to wait for submission to a publisher until certain other events happen first (not at liberty to discuss at this time). Mark is handling the submission issue as part of our partnership so he is best able to answer the specifics.

Thanks for the interest! The wait will be worth it.

JBF [John B. Firer]"

More information is included earlier. The new edition will contain an Alexander scenario, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.