1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 

Beds & Bucks Gamers» Forums » General

Subject: New In... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I received a few new interesting things today (Wednesday) if anybody is interested in having a go or avoiding duplicates.

After yet another fantabulous game of Agricola recently I decided I needed some Vegemeeples to pimp my copy of Agricola. So I picked up Agricola: The Goodies Expansion, which contains all the Vege, Resource and Animeeples one needs. It also features other bits n bobs including some alien invasion cards!

While I was pimping Agricola I thought I'd do the same with Steam and the Steam Barons expansion. Wooden trains, new maps and extra rules.

And I quite fancied trying Betrayal at House on the Hill which got re-released recently.

The big one however was the new Dominion: Prosperity expansion which we tried for the first time tonight. Hopefully we can have a few more goes of this soon as tonight's solitary game was highly entertaining.

So many (new) games, so little time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got

Railways of the World: The Card Game

I have read the rules and I am really looking forward to it, looks to be a great warm up game.

....... if I ever get to come back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well oxfam delivered -

Yes, it's POTS! The Game

Set in Classical Athens, players bid against each other to acquire the biggest and best collection of vases, as they travel round the key areas of the city. Good judgment and a pinch of luck are needed, but even then the gods of Mount Olympus may intervene to help or hinder you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Foden
United Kingdom
Woodbridge
Suffolk
flag msg tools
I still need to collect, but the gods of eBay have seen fit to grant me War on Terror, and Risk: Star Wars Original Trilogy Edition, so I look forward to wearing the 'Evil' balaclava soon and maybe taking the army to the Tattooine parlour
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have pre-ordered Vinhos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaah
It took me all of 2 days to go back on my no more purchases promise.....
Innovation is on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I found this geeklist last night - I am Dead Meat

Looks nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatboyguy wrote:
It took me all of 2 days to go back on my no more purchases promise....

Doing one of those are you Guy? Let me know if you find a method that works, I've been trying unsuccessfully for years now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
A bit of a haul in recently:

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game by Kevin Wilson of FFG. Apparently 2-4h is a bit optimistic for your first game and there are quite a lot of options to choose from. Very exciting! Best with 4p from what the manual says.

Dust Tactics is a big box, big models, tactical miniature board game. I kinda fancied trying it out. 2-4p. Any interest from Lewis and Simon in trying this one? The big tank models are pretty cool although I've yet to extract them from the packaging as it's well put together 'new'.

Small World: Be Not Afraid is a mini-expansion++. ++ in that it includes another tray for all the extra counters. But since I find the tray a bit annoying I immediately binned this bit and bagged the cardboard counters. 2-5p as ever.

Dungeonquest is the new FFG re-release. It was actually something I pre-ordered ages ago at a cheaper price than normal and then forgot about ... until I got the 'shipped' email notification a while back. Whoops. I know Simon has the original version of this so we'll have to compare and contrast sometime? 1-4p I think.

Currently reading the rules for Dungeonquest and I have the Civ rules on my desk to study next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tufty,

I want to play, ALL OF THE ABOVE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email from Day of Wonder offering Pirate's Cove for free when you spend over 50 EUR.

So I accidentally ordered

Memoir '44: Winter Wars and Memoir '44: Breakthrough

which will compliment

Memoir '44: Terrain Pack, Memoir '44: Eastern Front and Memoir '44: Winter/Desert Board Map

which Santa has waiting in his stocking (at the north pole ( on top of the kitchen cupboard)

I've been reading the rules about 4-6 player Memoir 44' and I think we should give it a go sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So is anyone tempted by Dominant Species ?

Apparently this is highly rated and the first print run has sold out.

I do know where to get it for 46 quid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted Simon. Still not sure when I'll get to Aylesbury, but you could always bring it along to Leighton Buzzard.........

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Jherek wrote:
I've been reading the rules about 4-6 player Memoir 44' and I think we should give it a go sometime.

Sounds like a fine plan to me. Eric mentioned he tried out Dominant Species. Think the next one I have my eye on is 7Wonders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I haven't bought Dominant Species yet Richard.

I'll bring my expanding Memoir 44' collection to Leighton Buzzard next month
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominant Species is an excellent, fairly meaty game. Played it twice, as 2-player and 4-player, both worked fine, although in the 4-player somebody nobbled someone else severely (although not game-endingly) and provoked the pressing of the Big Red Button ("well if I'm not going to win then I'm just going to make sure you don't either")! Nice combination of strategy and tactics, perhaps more on the tactics side. Combines limited-action-availability mechanism like Caylus, Stone Age, Pillars of the Earth, etc. with cube location-scoring mechanism like El Grande. Not cheap though, unfortunately.

I'd happily join in a multi-Memoir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well when you do then Simon........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,

I cancelled my pre-order of Vinhos

They (Leisure Games) were taking too long.

So I ordered

Vinhos from Shire Games which was instock AND cheaper.

I got to the checkout and noticed the free shipping over £50

So I topped up the order with

Ice Flow (£6!!) and Saboteur

Unfortunately Vinhos is a christmas present so we won't see it for a while

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Jherek wrote:
I got to the checkout and noticed the free shipping over £50

That's awfy sly isn't it! The exact same thing happened to me; ordered the pimp set for Agricola from them and just HAD to add something else (which happened to be the Steam Barons expansion IIRC). How does that happen to us?! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I preordered it many months ago and it has finally been shipped from the US.
Wok Star

Fingers crossed it arrives before Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Start Player is out for iPad! LOL, I had to have a copy for my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Foden
United Kingdom
Woodbridge
Suffolk
flag msg tools
I have Dominant Species as a possible on the Dice Tower Secret Santa - anything evolution/real-science/geekish is right up my street (also keeping an eye out for Primordial Soup, for instance and/or Organic Soup from Carl Chudyk - a weird one that many won't get, but it's a nice counterpiece to Gene Pool which I do own and for which it was well worth waiting three years for the reprint), but I'm not sure what Santa will bring. If no-one else buys it I'll have it on my ebay search from Jan (Jan/Feb is often a good month on eBay as people clear out their overstacked cupboards after all those Christmas goodies). I've still never played Smallworld, and I'm very up for the new Civ game (my fave PC game) and Innovations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
7 Wonders

..and also...

High Frontier

"The key to success is water in LEO (low Earth orbit). At first, water will be expensively upported out of the deep gravity well of Earth. But for a third the fuel and energy, water can be supplied from Luna, the moons of Mars, or other nearby hydrated objects. Extracting resources at the work site is called In-Situ Resource Utilization (ISRU). Whoever develops ISRU technology able to glean water from space rather than Earth will gain the strategic high ground to make money through exoglobalization."

Spooge!

Very exciting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
want to play

all of the above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another quickie on the way:
Zombie Dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.