Subject: Question About Unification Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Gruetzmacher
Canada
Kitchener
ON
flag msg tools
I'm brand new to the game so bare with me.

I understand that I have to cover a tile with the unification tile when joining two kingdoms. What I don't understand is if the unification tile stays there or if I remove it after external conflict (if any). The rules say only that you place it on top - it says nothing about taking it back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Question About Unification Tiles
jggruetz (#448201),

You take it off after. It's there so you know where the kingdoms join for the purposes of resolving the conflict, and so you don't accidentally count the tile it is played on for either side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
And you don't accidentally award a VP for that tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gruetzmacher
Canada
Kitchener
ON
flag msg tools
Thanks, that's what I thought but it's always better to hear it from those who have played before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it will depend on the edition of the game you have.

AFAIK there should only be one unification / conflict tile in the box because you can only ever have one conflict going on anyway. I would assume the allusion to 4 is a typo.

And the dynasty tiles are only included in the Mayfair editions of the game and really serve no purpose other than being a convenient way to determine who goes first, but they are far from neccessary...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Benvenuto Cellini (#450757),

I have the US Mayfair edition, and it has 4 unification tiles, one for each player. It's true that no more than one will be in use at any one time, so you only need one.

My edition also came with 4 "Dynasty" tiles, one for each player. They're handy for determining who goes first, as someone pointed out, but they're also handy to keep in front of you, so you know who you are if all of your leaders are deployed on the board. From where I sit when I play, I can't see the front of my own player screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
All is made clear.

In short: If you have a European edition of the (HiG, 999) then you should have 1 unification tile and no dynasty tiles.

If you have a Mayfair one you should have 4 unification tiles, and a set of dynasty ones as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Benvenuto Cellini (#451234),

If it's any consolation, many people prefer the graphic design of the HiG/European edition of the game to the Mayfair graphics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Lapointe
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Benvenuto Cellini wrote:
CortexBomb (#450808),

Michael and Brian,

Thanks for the quick response guys! I have the Top License French/Dutch version of the game... so reading your posts it makes sense that some of the tiles are missing (but it is strange that they didn't note this difference in the rulebook!). I found the French translation to be very sparse as well... thank goodness for BGG... the living player aid goo My girlfriend wasn't too taken with the game... but I'm going to try to get it on the table again soon nonetheless.

meeple

I bought the same version from Canada; there was small paper insert to correct the mistakes on the french instructions. bizarely, no errors in the dutch (i always thought it was german...) version.
fyi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.