Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Mythos "Activity at" rumor cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Montgomery
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Whats the point of the activity, on the card i pulled, the pass/fail condition has nothing to do with the "activity at"

doh, what am i doing wrong this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to be a bit more specific if there is a particular Mythos that is giving you problems. In any case, the "Activity at ..." part is there to tell you where you're supposed to put an activity marker, which again is there to point back to the Mythos card, reminding the players of something going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's where you have to go in order to fulfill the pass conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
If you have a "pass/fail" condition on a card, then you probably drew a rumor. The "Activity At" part of the card means you put an activity token on that spot and the investigators will be able to interact with that location in a new/different way.
In the case of the rumors, that's where the investigators will have to be in order to dispel the rumor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
piratesbooty wrote:
Whats the point of the activity, on the card i pulled, the pass/fail condition has nothing to do with the "activity at"

It may be Southside Strangler Strikes, which requires five clue tokens to be spent at Ma's to defeat it. Some groups think it's a misprint and play that they discard the clues at the Southside Streets.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
piratesbooty wrote:

Cards that say "Activity at" do so for only one reason: as a reminder. Basically those cards mean you should put a marker on that space and that marker will serve as a reminder to players that there is something tied to that space on the board.

It's just a play aid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
piratesbooty wrote:

It may be Southside Strangler Strikes, which requires five clue tokens to be spent at Ma's to defeat it. Some groups think it's a misprint and play that they discard the clues at the Southside Streets.

Brian

I think Brian has it right. Sounds like the OP pulled the one Activity card that has a misprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldar Closer
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumor cards are killing this game for me, 1 player mode.
Found no way to manage them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldarest wrote:

Remember that you should only have one rumor in play at time. Having a rumor out isn't necessarily a bad thing as it prevents others from coming out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Eldarest wrote:

Remember that you should only have one rumor in play at time. Having a rumor out isn't necessarily a bad thing as it prevents others from coming out.

Do they? I thought a new one automatically displaced the old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Eldarest wrote:

Do they? I thought a new one automatically displaced the old.

No a new environment replaces an old one, a new rumour is discarded after resolving the other parts of the card, if there is an existing rumour in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldar Closer
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Eldarest wrote:

Right, I'm using that. If I can cope with the first Rumor I'll let it on to prevent a second coming out.
The Terrible Experiment is most daunting, because it only takes 3 turns to complete, if you do not have a spare 'fighting' investigator to deal with it.
Next I'll try to add Mythus cards from the Lurker to see if I can decrease the frequency of drawing the Experiment and Good Work Undone cards.

I also take note of the Strangler misprint as I've been playing it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.