Strike of the Eagle» Forums » General

Subject: Changes on the map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojtek Makarewicz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comparing to the original version I see new links and towns south of Warsaw. Is it "just" that (adding sth. new) or are there any other changes on the map?

Also, is "on" correct or should it be "to" or maybe both are acceptible - I mean the thread's name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new map will be mounted, so there's another difference, although not a gameplay changing one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
The new map will be mounted, so there's another difference, although not a gameplay changing one.

As the owner of the original The Eagle and The Star is it possible to (pre)order just this new, mounted map? The map of the original games has its....er..........shortcomings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
Felkor wrote:

As the owner of the original The Eagle and The Star is it possible to (pre)order just this new, mounted map? The map of the original games has its....er..........shortcomings.

Uwe would have to answer this question. If there was enough interest I'm sure he'd be ok with it. There are various rules changes, and the map has been expanded and altered somewhat. So I'm not 100% sure, as I'm still not that familiar with the game, but the new map might not be compatible with the old game. (Of course, you would know better - the new map is up on BGG, so you could see for yourself if it would work.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Uwe would have to answer this question. If there was enough interest I'm sure he'd be ok with it. There are various rules changes, and the map has been expanded and altered somewhat. So I'm not 100% sure, as I'm still not that familiar with the game, but the new map might not be compatible with the old game. (Of course, you would know better - the new map is up on BGG, so you could see for yourself if it would work.)

I will have a look if the new map is usable with the old game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The map is upgraded, the cards will be changed, leaders have been added, and various other touches to make the game more streamlined. I will have to think about printing extra maps. The problem is, is that it cuts into new game sales and I am putting a lot of effort and money into the project. I would like to at least break even. Selling single components does not help fulfill these goals.

I am putting in these extras, because the game is so good and I want to see it succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.