United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Games is answering the call for additional card sleeve sizes for large cards in games like Dixit, 7 Wonders, Lost Cities and more. These sleeves will be released around mid December and will cost $3.50 per pack of 100 sleeves. This is our new MAGNUM LINE, meaning large card sleeves. We have the copper pack, silver pack and gold pack (from smallest to largest). You can preorder now.

The new sizes being released in December 2010 are:

Magnum Copper (65 MM X 100 MM)

Games reported to fit Large Size 1:
7 Wonders
Queen's Necklace
Seven Wonders
Small World Expansion: Tales & Legends
Space Alert (sleeves will be about 5 MM too wide and maybe 1 MM short but not terrible)

Magnum Silver (70 MM X 110 MM)

Games reported to fit Large Size 2:
Knightmare Chess
Lost Cities

Magnum Gold (80 MM X 120 MM)

Games reported to fit Large Size 3:
Dixit
Dragonmaster
Felix: The Cat in the Sack

New sizes can be found here:

http://maydaygames.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=magnum&x=0&y=...

Anyone knowing other games that those listed for these sleeve dimensions please let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mayday Games releasing 3 Large Sleeves for Dixit, 7 Wonders, Lost Cities and MORE
Do you suppose these sleeves will fit Day and Night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mayday Games releasing 3 Large Sleeves for Dixit, 7 Wonders, Lost Cities and MORE
Day and Night is 70 X 100 MM so our size #2 would be very close. 70 X 110, so you could trim the tops if you wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
The new sizes being released are:

Size: Width (MM) Length (MM)
Large Size #1 65 100
Large Size #2 70 110
Large Size #3 80 120

!!!!!!!!!!!

Just two words: Blue-Moon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Wilks
United States
Peshastin
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Love one another."
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! These will help those great looking Dixit cards stay that way!

Thanks,
Daryl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know how many cards in 7 Wonders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
alexgrant wrote:
Anybody know how many cards in 7 Wonders?

Just checked the rules. Looks like 157 - 7 wonder cards, 49 Age 1 cards, 49 Age 2 cards, 50 Age 3 cards, 2 2 player cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Johan Ragnarsson
United States
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what size are 7 wonders cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Oleksy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planet Steam is 80mm x 120mm so it will also fit in the large Size #3 sleeves. Thank you thank you thank you.

Any chance on getting half-size 70 x 70mm sleeves for power grid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read somewhere on here that they are the same size as Small World: Tales & Legends...whatever size those are...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
65 x 100mm, the Mayday games post has it listed as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
2 de Mayo (Gryphon 2009 edition) has cards that are 70x108mm and should therefore work well with the Large Size #2 sleeves.

I thought Knightmare Chess had cards that were 64x115mm though, so they still fall outside the new Large Size sleeves range.

Space Alert's Threat Cards are 60x103.5mm (the Action Cards are 40x66mm).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Brunelli
Italy
Verona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Large Size #1 (70 MM X 110 MM): they can be use with "Animalia" too.

p.s.: please realize 60x120mm for "Jamaica"!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We are delighted to say that we will be bringing these to the UK and Europe and will have more details later this week (including whether we will have these in time for Christmas)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Germany
Pliezhausen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sleeves I bought at Essen for 7 Wonders at Swan Panasia are 66 MM x 100 MM, and they are way too tight in the width. Its a painful process to get the cards inside the sleeves, I stopped after I tried to get 2 or 3 cards into the sleeves. With 65 MM it would be impossible!

Also the cards are exactly 100 MM in height, so I would prefer a bit more space on the top (not like you did with the WotR CE cards, where the cards almost stick out of the sleeves).

I also bought sleeves for Filou at Swan Panasia - they are 70 MM x 110 MM and they are also a bit too tight and dont leave any space on the top. I hope I could help a bit.

Its good to hear that Andrew will have them (hopefully in a suitable size) too though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W.
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
maydaygames wrote:
1- Custom Large Sized Card Sleeves: 70 MM X 122 MM Sleeves for WOTR: CE and More! (Reported to work for WOTRE: CE and Blue Moon) -Yes these are available at Essen. These also work for the width of Anno 1701, Powergrid, Catan Card Game + Expansion, Hellrail (3rd Perdition), Summertime, and Theophrastus but you have to trim them down from 122 MM to 70 MM by hand on the tops.

I would assume that for the Catan Card Game (and expansions) these would be trimmed by 52mm at the top as these are square cards (69mm by 69mm).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Delighted to say we now have these on our website available for pre-order. as this is a limited run I would advise early pre-orders.

Marc, I will ask Seth about the 7 wonder sleeves though as he and the rest of Mayday Games were at Essen they may be having a well deserved day or two off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth, Lord of the Rings Confrontation Deluxe cards have about the same size as Lost Cities, so you can add that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-order placed. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Card wrote:
Pre-order placed. =)

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Germany
Pliezhausen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameExtras wrote:
Marc, I will ask Seth about the 7 wonder sleeves though as he and the rest of Mayday Games were at Essen they may be having a well deserved day or two off.

Thank you Andrew. I really appreciate it, and I really wonder what they have to say regarding the measurements of the 7 Wonders sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! The 7 Wonders card is 65 X 100 MM and we have a copy of the game in hand and have verified that our sleeves being made to this dimension will fit the cards perfectly. They won't be tight or difficult to put in but won't have extra room either so the card won't slide around.

Yes there are a couple of other brands/choices out there but as the poster above mentioned you may not get a sleeve that fits the card you want that way. We back up our products 100% and have worldwide distribution so we can handle any customer service needs for you. Thanks everyone and let us know if you need anything else.

We are happy to report the sleeves are being made now and should be done in about 10 days. UK will be getting these via air mail about 7 days after production in finished, so look for them in late November from the UK. USA distribution will be coming via slow boat so we will have them shipping in early December, at least that is the plan at the moment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Germany
Pliezhausen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
great, thx for the reply! And will they be "Premium" or normal sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elektro wrote:
The sleeves I bought at Essen for 7 Wonders at Swan Panasia are 66 MM x 100 MM, and they are way too tight in the width. Its a painful process to get the cards inside the sleeves, I stopped after I tried to get 2 or 3 cards into the sleeves. With 65 MM it would be impossible!

We have 3 copies of 7 Wonders and all of them were put into that sleeves, it is actually pretty easy. You put the end of the card into the sleeve, then you put the other end of card on the table and bend it a little than you can push the sleeve down the card.

I really like their sleeves.

But, yeah the philosophy of Swan seems to be to produce the tightest fit possible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tech7 wrote:
Elektro wrote:

We have 3 copies of 7 Wonders and all of them were put into that sleeves, it is actually pretty easy. You put the end of the card into the sleeve, then you put the other end of card on the table and bend it a little than you can push the sleeve down the card.

I really like their sleeves.

But, yeah the philosophy of Swan seems to be to produce the tightest fit possible

Which I find to be the best solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.