Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I enter the cleric special space(the kind of fountain that restore a unit completely) if I attack I cant use it to restore cause I've attacked! but if I have a 2 fighter remaining unit getting in without being able to attack, and I dont want it to be restore can I choose not to or if I MUST heal it?

Also the training camp. If a unit enters it can it be upgrade on the same turn it has entered or do it has to wait on the next turn? Like I move my unit in the training camp. Next turn I upgrade it and cant use it. Two turns later I can now use it?

Also If I play a lore card without the lore master I have to pay 3 lore tokens more. If someone use one of the lore cards that cancel it for half the price does the price include my 3 additional lore? And what if he plays that card without the lore master? Basically I play a 9 lore card at the cost of 12 because no lore master, then half the price is 6 so he pays 9 because he also plays his card without the right lore master???

and if it's half the price for 9 the half would be 4 or 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see if I can get all of this for you Mike:

1. If you enter the Healing Pool with a weakened unit it heals immediately but I'm not sure if you enter with a weakened unit that it doesn't still heal if you choose to attack - hopefully someone else can answer that here.

2. The Training Camp works like you mentioned - Turn 1:Move into the Turn 2:Upgrade Turn3:May move/battle.

3. You've got it right - the opponents pay must be half of YOUR cost. So if you paid 12, he pays 6 AND if it is out of character for him he would pay +3 or 9 in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,Dan,Dan

1) In order for a unit to heal, it must be ordered and move onto the healing pool. At that point one has the choice of battling with that unit (if it would otherwise be eligible to do so) or healing it.

2) Yup.

3) When a player plays Foiled! or Dispel, it is half of the card's cost rounded up (player playing the original lore card receives back 1/2 the total cost of the play rounded up), + any out of character cost for playing Foiled! or Dispel. So, for the example Mike gave, where the 1st player played a card out of character that cost 9 lore (let's say Greater Portal) then the 2nd player plays Dispel, the first player would pay a total of s6 lore (1/2 of 9+3) while the 2nd player would pay 5 lore (1/2 of 9 [rounded up]). If the 2nd player were also playing out of character, they would pay 8 lore (1/2 of 9 [rounded up] + 3).

See you in the morning, Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the incorrect answer there Mike blush

Todd has me covered - read his post (above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my public (but jestful ) shaming of Dan led to me losing my two creatures on the same turn early in our Call to Arms game this morning

EDIT: phreaking homophones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry Todd - I'll have you covered there....

you know how early leads go. That may be my only 2 banners. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
ok so if I enter a healing pool with a wounded unit and cant fight (cause no unit to fight) My unit is healed even if I dont want to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope - currently (unless FFG changes the rule) it is the controlling player's option. One can move a unit that has less than its full compliment of figures onto the healing pool and choose to not heal it, even if also choosing not to battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.