Subject: Figure Diversity in Edo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan McAnney
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
The rules state, "There is just one restriction on figure placement in a city: the two figures must always be different. This same restriction applies when using the Figure exchange token during the game."

How does this rule affect the capital city, Edo?
Must total diversity be maintained? Could two of one type, or
even three of one type, be in the city due to use of figure exchange tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmm... i don´t have the rules here, but anyway i read my rules in french.
I don´t remember the -two- word... I think it was that ¨the figures must be different¨
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three different figurines in Edo always. No point to exchange.

BearCat wrote:
The rules state, "There is just one restriction on figure placement in a city: the two figures must always be different. This same restriction applies when using the Figure exchange token during the game."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marliv wrote:

BearCat wrote:

In fact, the rulebook (US, English, RGG) explicitly mentions that b/c of this rule, Edo can never participate in a figure swap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
marliv wrote:

BearCat wrote:

In fact, the rulebook (US, English, RGG) explicitly mentions that b/c of this rule, Edo can never participate in a figure swap.

I know that at some point I am going to need to point that out in the rulebook but I can't find it. Which page and paragraph is that in?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Thompson
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YESH
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

I know that at some point I am going to need to point that out in the rulebook but I can't find it. Which page and paragraph is that in?

Thanks

There's no mention of it in my 1998 copy, but the rule _was_ enforced by the computer game version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
My 1998 German (Hans im Glück) rules make it clear:
German Samurai rules wrote:
In einer Stadt dürfen sich keine gleich-artigen Figuren befinden. Dies gilt auch, wenn später das Plättchen Figurentausch eingesetzt wird.

(In a city there can be no figures with the same type. This is true even if the figure exchange tile is used later.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grape Ape wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
marliv wrote:

BearCat wrote:

Thanks
Sort of.... from page 3 of the rulebook, Rio Grand Games (pages aren't actually numbered, so treat the cover as page 1)

Quote:
The is just on restriction on figure placement in a city: the two figures must always be different. This same restriciton applies when using the Figure exchange token during the game.

.... so that's not exactly how it was originally quoted.

Then there are the instructions from the Klear Games implmentation of the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.