Kingmaker» Forums » General

Subject: Board and rules missing (Ariel version?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim Bau
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi,

I have a Kingmaker game that I 'inherited' from my parents and always loved to play it (with a few house-rules to tweak some of the known issues).

Unfortunately my mother used to think the boxes games come in are always way to big and they take up too much cupbourd-space, so she dismantled all of their games, keeping the boards in one big pile and the cards, pieces, counters and dice in small boxes.
As a result of that, after a lot of carrying a bunch of games around to friends and a few house-moves, I now have discovered that allthough I still have all the other game components, the board for Kingmaker is missing, and so is the rules book as it was stored between the folded board...
This makes me sad as Kingmaker means a lot to me (I think it is the game that I have the earliest memories of: being angry that I had to go to bed while the adults were having fun with it... I was attracted to it even though I was way to young to play it)

The game is the 'Ariel' edition I think (I believe that's the only edition with the map without Ireland on it?).

I would be very grateful if somebody could send me high-res scans of the board (as parts will do, I would gladly puzzle the pieces together ) and rulebook, or if somebody in my area would lend me the board and book for a little while to make my own reproduction. Or if someone is going to 'spiel Essen' and willing to bring it and meet so I can make photographs of the board and rules.

If you can help me, please contact me through PM, I don't like posting my mail adress on a public forum for obvious reasons...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
from Game Crafter
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingmaker hasn't changed very much since the original Philmar/Ariel editions. If you get yourself an AH or Gibson edition you will have a better game and won't have to copy the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Bau
Belgium
flag msg tools
nwhyman wrote:
If you get yourself an AH or Gibson edition you will have a better game and won't have to copy the board.

True, but I will also have spent money on a game I allready own instead of on (a) new one(s).

Plus I'm a bit afraid if the board looks different (like including more land...) it will never feel 'right' for me from the emotional side of things. I'm a bit crazy like that...

I will be on the lookout for a cheap deal in de 2hands at Essen, though.
I really want to be able to Make (or break) Kings again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was digging around and found this game in my collection. If you like I can mail you a copy of the rule book so you can play again. If email is faster I will find a way to scan it for you.

I know how frustrating it is to have a game and need instructions.
Regards,
Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Marsters
msg tools
Hi Eric
Earlier today I found my old Kingmaker board game (1974 Ariel games version) at my mother's house. I fondly remember playing it at length with my brother and would now like to play it with my 13 yo son. It has all the counters and cards but unfortunately no rulebook. Whilst browsing for the rules I saw your response to the same enquiry and wondered if it would be possible to provide me with a copy. I would love to be able to play the game again and would be very grateful.

Kind regards,
Simon Marsters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ss ss
msg tools
I have this game I can scan a nd e mail if you wish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ss ss
msg tools
I have this game I can scan and e mail if you wish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorian Chair
msg tools
Hi I noticed that your have the Kingmaker rules on email. I have the game with no rules, having played it about twenty years ago.

Would you be able to email me the rules?

I would be very grateful, as i'm having trouble locating them.

Thank

Adriano Caria

akcaria2@hotmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.