Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My father was an self-taught expert on the Civil War. He amassed a large collection of nonfiction titles by Bruce Catton and others. It's been ten years since my dad died, and I still have all those books.

Given that many Civil War gamers love reading about the topic, I was wondering if any of you could give advice on the best marketplaces for these books. I don't believe that eBay would be the best option, but I could be wrong.

Any advice would be helpful. I'd like my dad's books to go to people who would treasure them.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce Catton was very prolific and popular in the 50s and 60s thus there are a lot of copies of his work floating around. If however the books are first editions they will have some collectors value. Look and see what the editions are. If they are first editions try contacting a higher end used book store or use Ebay to see what first editions of Catton's work are going for..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Bruce Catton was very prolific and popular in the 50s and 60s thus there are a lot of copies of his work floating around. If however the books are first editions they will have some collectors value. Look and see what the editions are. If they are first editions try contacting a higher end used book store or use Ebay to see what first editions of Catton's work are going for..

Yes, most are first editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.