Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
W Myers
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I first got FI I found it odd that there were so many "blank spaces" which are only useful for traveling.

So many folks have so many creative ideas, after seeing the variant set-ups. I thought this might be another interesting option, especially since character that have mobility seem to be at an advantage with variant set-ups.

Many of the tiles seems to have a natural corresponding counterpart at least in the visual sense.

The concept is that all things are now connected, just like there are two treasure spots for each treasure, why not everything that is otherwise just a space actually be a portal to similar one.

Here are my thoughts...

Breakers Bridge == Cliffs of Abandon
Bronze Gate == Copper Gate
Crimson Forest == Twilight Hollow
Dunes of Deception == Phantom Rock
Gold Gate == Silver Gate
Iron Gate == Fools Landing
Lost Lagoon == Misty Marsh
Observatory == Watchtower

So for one action you can use the portal to transport yourself to the other location. It will make moving a little challenging at first but generally speaking it may give you quicker access to things not as easily reachable.

Would folks be willing to try them, what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max raymond
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes the game far too easy!

Also, it makes the "special mouvement" characters a lot less usefull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Myers
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The point being this being used with the alternate maps from http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/569926/official-variant-tile... to see how it modifies the the difficult levels.

I guess I wasn't clear, plus I also was looking for folks that are playing it regularly to test it rather then make a quick decisions based on the concept.

Personally, I believe the random pairing sometimes may be useful and sometimes useless.

Besides this is the variants board, I believe the object is to talk about variant ways to play the game whether easier or harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.