United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
The St. Louis Boardgames Meetup Group has recently formed and its first meeting was a smashing success -- and more people have already RSVP'd for subsequent meetings. 40 members and growing.

http://boardgames.meetup.com/9/

Aside from the St. Louis Boardgames Meetup Group, I'm always on the lookout for bright, friendly players to join our everexpanding social gaming circles. I interact with a lot of people who enjoy traditional boardgames, card games, euro-games, war games, collectable card/miniature games and role playing games. If you're in the St. Louis area and looking for some gaming, drop me a line - I may be able to help out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be moving there at the end of June. I was hoping not to have to repeat the process of trying to get my own group together as I've had to do here in Chattanooga. We have a lot of fun, but its taken a lot of effort to get to the point we are now. I'm glad to hear about the group!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
St. Louis wil be glad to have you -- and I've always wanted to meet a Sleestak! Never get many of them wandering through. I've been in St. Louis now for about 10 years, and years of emails, visiting local hobby shops and attending local gaming events has finally paid off.

Please feel free to message me off-list if you'd like to chat more about gaming in St. Louis or your upcoming move (so I can tell you where the closest hobby shops and gaming folks are!!) ... Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Darden
United States
Lake Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lived in St. Louis all my life and have been gaming in one form or another for nearly as long. I currently have a regular gaming group I meet with weekly (sometimes twice a week), but I usually have Thursday nights free for playing whatever.

I've thought about starting an "open gaming" night on Thursday nights at the Fantasy Shop in St. Charles just to see who shows up and what types of games they have in tow... not sure what kind of response something like that would get though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We may not have sleetacks here in st louis (yet), but do have life sized dinosaurs. Our board game meet up currently meets on the last thursday of the month. Hope to see you at the July meet up, Cornjob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
cbdarden wrote:
I've lived in St. Louis all my life and have been gaming in one form or another for nearly as long. I currently have a regular gaming group I meet with weekly (sometimes twice a week), but I usually have Thursday nights free for playing whatever.

I've thought about starting an "open gaming" night on Thursday nights at the Fantasy Shop in St. Charles just to see who shows up and what types of games they have in tow... not sure what kind of response something like that would get though.

There's plenty of people in the meetup group that seemed eager to meet more than once a month. The Fantasy Shop might be too far away for many, but you might get some reasonable turnout if you 'advertise' in the group's board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in joining, but I don't meet the age requirements to sign up on the website. Is that a problem? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While meetup.com has a minimum age to sign up, we have no problem with it - indeed, as we meet in a public place we couldn't stop you. I suggest, to keep informed, have a parent sign up t the site, and have them respond on your behalf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Glidden
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey St. Louis folks, I'm going to be in your area for the next couple of days (Nov 16 and 17). I'd love to drop in on the meetup Wednesday night. Where do you guys meet?

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
The regularly scheduled meetups usually take place here:

Borders Books & Music
11745 Olive Blvd. (Cafe)
St. Louis, MO 63141
314-432-3575

Here's a link to the Mapquest map/directions:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=11745+Olive+Blv...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Glidden
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo! Thanks Ynnen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joel,

Saw you'd signed up for the group. The wednesday one I can never make, because I have other commitments, but say hello to Mark who hosts the Wednesday night event. He's sure to be there.

Timothy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.