Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread someone mentioned that there were studies done on the dangers of boardgaming by military and others. I'd never heard of such a thing so I decided to look it up. I did NOT find anything...so if anyone has anything, feel free to post.

ON the otherhand, this little gem came up...which seems like a teeny horror movie (aka hilariously stupid...like most of the others), but with an EVIL boardgame (hey, they say it's like Monopoly, I'm sure that's enough to convince many here of it's Evilness).

Caution, I'd say this movie is probably rated R, this is the trailer for it, but there probably are things that are not appropriate for kids, or could be highly intense for them.

http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/04/upcoming_movie_dramatizes...

Anyways, nothing on the subject I was actually looking up, but I suppose this movie relates to boardgames in some ways...albeit maybe scaring you out of playing them much like Jaws was to the water...

Nah...not really...more like just inane foolishness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Potter
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
The dialog and plotting look about on par with Troll 2, but the boardgame itself...despite the obvious anachronisms (like standard, mass-produced dice and pseudo-Shakespearian text packaged with a game dug up from some ancient Middle Eastern site, apparently)...the game itself has some sweet chrome. I dig the little skeleton with the buzz-saw Wheel O' Fortune. And the big swing-arm with, what is that, a lawn gnome on the end? Unfortunate gilded T&E board, but whatcha-gonna-do? Hell, I'd buy that sucker in a heartbeat if it popped up at my local thrift store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gai├čach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the size of that thing is huge! Have fun trying to fit that bugger into an Ikea shelf.

Questions for youse... Who designed the game that's featured in that movie? Something with weird symbols, dice rolling and card drafting? Knizia? Wallace? Moon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumanji and Zathura weren't enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the study referenced in the other thread was something the poster just invented for humorous effect.

The game in the movie looks awesome, though. What would you call that - MiddleEastitrash? I am SO there.

Edit: Necronomitrash?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastian Bux wrote:
roll, move, pick up a card. Follow instructions on card. That's sad.

Sure you're not talking about Jumanji?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow...that looks like a made for tv movie or direct to video film if ive ever seen one... terrible... absolutely terrible

(ellipses added for dramatic effect)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.