Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gang,

I've posted a new city of adventure variant for Mists of Zanaga. The rules can be found here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/60070/mists-of-zanaga-citi...

As this is the first draft of these rules, please let me know what feedback you may have or if you have any questions about any of the new city events.

Thanks,

Judd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC Hendee
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to hijack this topic, but...

UPDATE ON COA REFERENCE CARDS

I've seen a little flurry of contact since the release of the SoAK Reference Cards. My original query a while back about which of Judd's CoA rules to do next resulted in Isle of Dread being favored among those who responded. But post-survey, there's now a few Mists of Zanaga players coming out... guess they were lost in the jungle when I posted the first query.

I will still honor the original survey that put IoD as the next set of cards. But I will do my best to work on something for MoZ as well... so long as it doesn't impact my own small expansion projects and Judd is first satisfied with what he wants in his tables of encounters. Expect IoD in about a month, and with luck, Mists right behind it in shorter time as I follow along on Judd's work with everyone else.

CORRECTION:

Don't know what I was thinking, but the actual next set of cards will be for Frozen Wastes, not Isle of Dread. After that, or with it, will come Mists if Judd is satisfied with his encounters by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note, an updated version of the rules (v1.1) has now been posted. It cleans up the typos and also alters many of the city events as well.

For those who want an additional challenge I've also submitted rules for the "Screaming Jungle" variant. As this increases the difficulty of the game it is not recommended for those who are already struggling to cope with the rituals and primal god powers. I'll post again, once these additional rules have been accepted.

Judd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note, for those looking to make Zanaga a little more challenging,
the "Screaming Jungle" variant is now available as well.

www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/60198/the-screaming-jungle-va...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use the Variant for CoA in that you mark each city with a counter so that you don't have to roll each time you stop in a town or village.

The original said that you will replace the counters when an event hits ,but on MoZ there are no events.

Now the question is how do you replenish the counters after someone has an encounter on the post/village?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If using that variant, I would replenish every time a prophecy triggers, or every time the lost city is found... depending upon how much you want city events to impact the game. Of course, I always roll on the city charts every time I visit, but some might say I'm bias.

Judd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warbringer25 wrote:
If using that variant, I would replenish every time a prophecy triggers, or every time the lost city is found... depending upon how much you want city events to impact the game. Of course, I always roll on the city charts every time I visit, but some might say I'm bias.

Judd

Yes, I thought about replenishing them as well when the Rituals complete ,but they are completing really fast so it doesn't really matter about the counters.

I think I like your suggestion about the Lost City placement for that isn't as often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.