Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of you dipped your Cleopatra pieces? I'm curious what the result might be just from doing a khaki-colored spray and a quick wash. I'd like to see what others have found without taking the plunge myself. I have seen the nicely-painted pictures here, but I'm trying to keep it simple and see if it still looks nice.

The components have a lot of detail on them, it seems a shame to not bring them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
SlikkRikk wrote:
Have any of you dipped your Cleopatra pieces? I'm curious what the result might be just from doing a khaki-colored spray and a quick wash. I'd like to see what others have found without taking the plunge myself. I have seen the nicely-painted pictures here, but I'm trying to keep it simple and see if it still looks nice.

The components have a lot of detail on them, it seems a shame to not bring them out.

So did you ever dip?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
SlikkRikk wrote:

So did you ever dip?

I did not ... but it's on the list of things to do. Just have about 300 odd things to paint beforehand ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe that will help:
I fully painted my set, but left a few parts (some columned walls IIRC) with a basic paintjob, i.e. bone/sand spray, brown wash, pale yellow drybrush, varnish spray.
Looks nice, much nicer than unpainted (the details pop out).
Of course it's less nice than the other more detail-painted parts (but muuuuch quicker to do).

Sorry, I don't have a pic handy, but it looks like this, without the fancy coloured hieroglyphs & pharaohs:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.